Chapter 27

~ Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ 

Waking up emotionally wrecked, Jamie's nightmare immediately invades my memory. Remembering our conversation, I realize I have so much more to learn about Jamie's past. Who was this girl, CiCi, he loved so much? How much of him died along with her? Will his heart have enough room to love me now? Is he ready to love again? 

I stare at him peacefully sleeping. His fluffy wavy hair is flattened in a spot he slept on earlier. Lying curled up facing toward me, his large, muscular arm is gently rising and falling from resting partly on his chest. One leg covered in soft brown hairs is hitched up outside of the sheet, exposing his tight round bottom. Such a strong, sturdy, mass of muscle lies beside me, yet his heart carries such pain and tenderness. 

I love him. He's so beautiful inside and out. Yet there are so many unknown facets of his past that still need to be revealed.  

Trying not to wake him, I quietly move to the kitchen, so he can sleep as long as possible. Pouring a cup of coffee, I realize I'm feeling really good today. I'm moving better and faster. 

Feeling the natural light creep across the room, I enjoy the quiet tranquility of dawn, my favorite time of day. Whenever I take a personal day from work, I still wake up early to catch the sun break over the horizon. I cozy up on the sofa, sipping my coffee and observe the sunlight brighten the room, clearing my mind for a new day. 

Soaking in the sunshine, I let go of everything in my mind and enjoy the silence, aside from the one robin chirping outside the window. I watch it hop up and down on the tree branch and then another one joins it. 

The sound of light footsteps divert my attention. 

"Good Morning, Luv." Jamie's voice sends pleasurable warmness through my body! 

He stands behind the sofa and leans down to plant a kiss on my head and caresses my hair. 

"There's fresh coffee for you. I just brewed it." 

He walks around in front of me and smiles appreciatively. 

"Perfect. How are you feeling?" 

Standing in his boxers only, I pause to soak in every inch of his muscular body. As he kneels next to me on the floor, I soak in his deliciously built chest and shoulders and then see the curious look in his eyes. 

"Breathless." I murmur with a faint smile. 

"I'm sorry for last night. Thank you for being so understanding. I want to explain everything to you." He glides his thumb over my chin. "I'll be right back with my coffee. I need a cup to wake up."  

"We have all day. I love you Jamie. I'm not going anywhere." I shake my head and soften my eyes as if I'm convincing him, 'everything will be alright.' 

He smiles gently and lays a kiss on my lips. 

I continue to relax and drink my coffee. Moments later, Jamie returns with his coffee and sips it at the opposite end of the sofa. 

Staring out the window, Jamie sniffs and shakes his head, "Amazing what a difference I few hours can make." 

"It's gorgeous outside today." 

"We should go for a walk later, not too far." 

"As long as we are together, I'll be fine." 

After finishing our coffee in quiet contemplation, Jamie looks over at me, rubbing the handle of the mug with his thumb. 

"The nightmare was so realistic, last night." 

"Can you tell me what happened?" I ask delicately as to not push him into talking to me if he's not ready.