Chapter 10

~ Chapter Ten ~ 

Another cold day is forecasted; however, the sun is shining and the snow is melting away. I slipped out of bed without waking Jamie up and left him a note that I would see him later this afternoon, after the match. The girls and I usually shop on Saturdays, so yesterday we planned to meet for coffee at a patisserie on Brompton.  

Hailing a cab to Knightsbridge, I meet the girls promptly at nine. 

"Good morning girls. Gorgeous day for shopping, isn't it?" Erika purrs. 

"Indeed it is!" Lizzy purrs in reply. 

"Sounds like you girls need a little catnip: Venti Vanilla Latte anyone?" I inquire. 

"Me-ow." Lizzy laughs. 

"Of course darling." Erika rolls her r's. 

"Be right back." I volunteer to buy this round. 

Passing out the lattes, I sit and listen to Lizzy and Erika finish their conversation about work last night. 

"Now that you've taken care of business, I saw Aiden last night." 

"What?" gasps Erika pausing from sipping her latte. 

"Where?" Lizzy crosses her arms against her chest. 

"Jamie and I went to Hyde Park last night for the Wonderland Fest and as we were leaving I saw him watching me." 

"What do you mean exactly?" Lizzy leans in curiously propping her elbows on the table. 

"Well, Jamie stepped away to buy us a drink and I waited off to the side. I started people watching, looking around at the crowds of friends and families having a good time. There he stood in the center of the crowd with his hands in his pockets, frozen, staring straight at me. Before I could blink, he was gone. 

"Gone?" Lizzy's eyes bug out. 

"Gone. Disappeared. I know it was him. I know he saw me looking at him and he bolted." 

"He's stalking you Audrey." Erika emphatically announces. "That's four times this week he's either contacted or followed you." 

"Are you sure you made yourself perfectly clear you did not want to see or talk to him anymore?" Lizzy asks. 

"I could not have been clearer, unless I kicked him in the balls!" 

"You may want to consider a restraining order. His behavior is becoming creepy, even obsessive, and it's just not normal." 

"True." I concur. 

"You need to think of your safety." Lizzy points out. "You may need to tell Nate as well. I won't for now, but it could become necessary if he continues this stalking." 

"Good point, but for now, let's forget about the creeper and focus on us having a good time shopping."  

"I like your thinking, but for the record, I agree with Lizzy." Erika raises her cup. 

"So where to first girls? I desperately need your help finding a dress for tonight." 

"Pray tell, now where are you going?" Erika inquires. 

"Jamie said he made reservations at half eight, but I don't know where. All he said was he is wearing a suit and tie." 

"Wow, this guy is not holding back on spoiling you at all! I assume you are both happy to continue seeing each other." 

"You could definitely say that." I feel my cheeks blush. 

"Good girl," Erika winks confidently. "See, this 'Living Life Adventurously' mantra is working for you."