Chapter Six

While Harry and Jay were off getting CJ, Mal and Uma were making their way to the Underworld. At that moment, the ember was probably the only thing that could help them if Audrey tried to do another attack.

I wish I brought Estelle, Mal thought. But there's no side car on my bike and there's no way he could sit on that bike safely. Plus he'd be better off protecting the 'pups' so to speak. I can handle myself around the Angels here—I'm not letting those kids be put in danger and Freddy knows where Evie's castle is now.

Just because Hadie was up in the safety of Olympus didn't mean that she was going to let Dizzy, Celia, or the Smee twins be without protection. Thankfully, Celia also knew her way around a sword. How could she not with her sister being who she was? She wasn't Hook level good but she'd be able to last long enough for help to come.

Not to mention I taught Evie how to make and throw smoke bombs, Mal thought. Freddy proved that they're more than just a fun prank idea or a way to run away from a fight when he threw his at Cotillion. Thankfully Carlos left his slingshot when he went over to Rodger and Anita's so Evie and Doug could hold off an attack should they need to and give the kids time to run.

"I thought you still had your Fae magic from the Dragon," Uma said as they made their way through the Isle, pulling Mal out of her thoughts. "How was the scepter's magic able to work against you?"

"I'm not sure," Mal sighed. "Possibly it's because of the fact that mom adopted me, therefore more Godly powers are running through my veins than my Fae powers. But hush, dad doesn't really like talking about my Fae side. I mean he will because he doesn't believe in keeping my heritage from me but in every way that counts, I'm mom and dad's."

"So we're keeping it a secret from Uncle Hades that Audrey cursed you then?"

"If at all possible, that would be appreciated. You know dad would go ballistic if he knew and we really don't have time for that."

Uma nodded and the two cousins opened the gate to the Underworld, slipping inside, and making their way to the kitchen where they assumed Hades would be. It was a pretty safe bet after all—he was either there or in the den.

"Hey dad?" Mal called out as they walked into the kitchen.

"Mal?"

"And Uma."

"No Harry and Jay?" Hades asked as he walked toward his daughter. "And no Hadie? I believe you said the last time I saw you that your brother would be joining on the next clandestine trip you took here. Unless you're actually fighting with your brother this time?"

Mal sighed. "Harry and Jay are over on the ship, warning the crew about something that happening over in Auradon. Hadie would have joined us dad, but he's up on Olympus. Didn't...didn't mom tell you that?"

"No surprisingly your mother failed to mention that your brother was up on Olympus but then again I haven't talked to your mother yet today," Hades shook his head. He would have to reach out to Persephone later and find out what was going on on that end. "And, just out of curiosity, why is your brother in my brother's domain? I'm surprised Zeus allowed a child of Hades to darken his doorstep after all."

"Sleeping Beauty's brat has Maleficent's scepter and has teamed up with Freddy Frollo," Uma stated and Mal shot her a look. "What? You were dancing around the subject and time's not really on our side here. The longer we take here, the more time Audrey has to go after Ben, Celia and the others. Remember Jane's still having her birthday party after all and you know Carlos is going to be going to that. Plus wherever Carlos goes, Gil goes."

If they could protect their crew, they would. A party would be the largest congregation of Auradon Prep kids and that would also be the most logical place for Audrey and Freddy to attack after Ben.