Chapter Thirty Four

The room where the execution was to take place was bigger than Henry expected it to be. But then again, there were more spectators than he expected as well. Oh sure some made sense—like Uma, Jay, and Harry. Others, not so much.

"What in the world is CJ doing here?" Henry muttered to Claudine, who was seated between him and Phil Jr. The young Princeling was seated right next to a black haired girl who Henry could only assume to be one of the many royals of Auradon.

Aurora and Phillip were a few seats down, Phillip's father Hubert having been called to watch Arabella and to make sure nothing happened to Audrey while they were gone. Just because she was under a sleeping spell didn't mean they wouldn't keep watch over her.

"She probably wants to see Freddy executed and know he won't come back," Claudine muttered back to him, smiling slightly as she saw Ryan seated next to the blonde Hookling. "After all, she was the one Freddy made that comment about."

"Don't remind me. I honestly think Harry would have killed Freddy if he'd been able to get hand or hook on him."

"Exactly. But the fact that she's so far in the back is more than likely Harry and Harriet's doing. Plus Brooke's with her too, see? Right next to Celia and Dizzy. They're seated next to Harriet and Sammy. Looks like even Olympus is here too—I can see Lady Persephone."

Henry nodded, lacing his fingers through hers as Ben and Mal walked into the room. They watched as the two stood off to the side a little, Ben's hands rested on Mal's shoulders and Henry could tell that Ben was serious about whatever they were talking about. Then again, Mal's face was just as serious.

"Wonder what they're talking about?" Claudine whispered as Ben kissed Mal's forehead and murmured something in her ear.

"Ben, I don't like it anymore than you do but it has to be done," Henry said softly, reading Mal's lips. Claudine nodded though Henry had to wonder if Mal was just saying that to appease Ben. There had to be some part of her that was looking forward to Freddy's death.

"What're they saying now?"

"King Ben's saying 'I know but..as long as it's not going to weigh on you. He's not worth that'...and now Mal's saying 'with what he did to you at Cotillion...I'd rather finish what I started'."

"So Freddy'll be executed somehow using Mal's dragon form," Claudine said with a small sigh. "Rather fitting for Freddy."

Henry nodded, gently squeezing Claudine's shoulder as Mal and Ben split off; Ben taking the King's seat in the center of the room.

"Welcome everyone," he said with a small sigh. "I wish we were here for a different reason but today, we are here for the execution of Fredrick Claude Frollo for crimes of attempted murder, accessory to murder, breaking and entering, multiple escapes from the Isle of the Lost and more. As one of the affected parties, Lady Mal has requested that she be the one to deal the punishment and the request has been granted. Bring forth the prisoner."

Out of the corner of his eye, Henry saw that Claudine's face bore no expression as Freddy was marched into the room.

Wow, did some of the guards have fun with Freddy or something? Henry thought, seeing the bruised and battered face of the former leader of the Angels. Not that he was complaining mind you, he just wished he'd gotten a chance to get some licks in.

Freddy, though, smirked as he caught sight of Claudine.

"Yeah, yeah, smirk all you like," Claudine muttered. "I'm not the one who's about to die and leave two kids without a father."

Henry gently gave Claudine's shoulder another small squeeze, something that did not escape Freddy's notice.

"Get your Rat hands off my sister! You've already lured her to sin, Kersey!"