Chapter Fifteen

Freddy and Audrey made their way back to Evie's castle, on the hunt to grab a certain boy with blue hair and a loyalty to Mal. While Freddy might not have known about Mal's connection to Lord Hades considering how much of a secret she kept it while on the Isle, Audrey had been quick to fill him in after their dalliance.

While they weren't one hundred percent sure the brat would be there, it was the best hunch they had. After all, Mal had been quite vocal about her loathing of Olympus—there was no way she'd send her brother there.

"Oh look, she's locked us out," Audrey said as they saw the castle's blinds shut and all the doors almost bolted to prevent someone from entering. "How cute."

"She always was the dumbest girl on the Isle," Freddy rolled his eyes. "Then again, what do you expect from someone who's main goal was to find a Prince to marry rather than try to cleanse the world of sinners?"

He may not have known Evie personally but everyone on the Isle knew about the Evil Queen's directive to her daughter. It was hard to ignore it when the blue haired girl would flirt with every guy who moved and seemed receptive.

Oddly enough she never flirted with Freddy but that was fine. He didn't want the attention of a witch's daughter anyway.

"Well if there's one thing I know, it's that you can't bar entry to a Queen. It's considered rude," Audrey said with a smirk. "As well, you can bolt a door and you can close the blinds but if I got into Bennyboo's castle with all its protections, I can get into this one."

With that, Audrey and Freddy were enveloped in a cloud of pink smoke. When it faded from their view, Freddy looked around in distain as he saw the decor Evie had carefully selected for her castle.

"She calls herself a VK," he scoffed. "All this bright and cheery nonsense."

"Focus," Audrey told him, rolling her eyes at his disgust. "We're here for one thing, and it's not to critique Evie's decorating ability. Once we grab him, it won't be long before Mal's on our tail."

"Exactly," Freddy smirked. That was what they wanted after all. "Then let's go my Queen."

They began making their way through the castle, searching high and low though staying mainly on the ground floor as they wanted to do a thorough search but came up empty. Audrey scowled as she looked back at Freddy.

"Where is he?"

"You think I know where the heretic's son is?" Freddy scoffed. "This was where we saw Mal last time and if Mal truly is the false God's daughter as you claim, the little brat would be glued to her side."

Audrey opened her mouth but a cloud of blue smoke cut off what it was she was going to say.

"Don't you dare take another step!" Evie exclaimed, glaring at the two of them from the landing of the stairs. She actually looked somewhat menacing, armed with Carlos' slingshot and a small bag of smoke bombs on her hip.

Thank Gods Doug's got the kids. Hopefully he and Harriet can get them to the studio from the other stairs and to the car, Evie thought as Audrey caused the smoke to disappear with a wave of her scepter.

"Ah Evie," Freddy smirked as he saw who it was who had launched the smoke bomb. "I'm surprised you'd be using smoke bombs. Didn't Mal and Uma use them enough on you back on the Isle?"

"Meaning they're good for defending my home and my friends with! Mal and Uma would only use the best after all, and you'd know it too considering you stole their move with that stunt at Cotillion!" Evie said, a small growl to her voice. "Now, I'm not going to repeat myself Freddy. Don't you move! The guards will be here any minute."