Chapter Fifty Four

Harriet sighed as the cool breeze from the ocean blew through her hair. It'd been three years since they brought Sammy's dad from the Isle and it was the first time where they'd been able to have a date, just the two of them.

Oh sure they'd had plenty of double dates—the two of them with Harry and Uma, the two of them with Freddie and Ally, and hell the two of them with CJ and Ryan (much to the latter's embarrassment) but never a date like this where it was just the two of them.

I would have been fine if Sammy's brothers joined us but they didn't want to leave Mr. Smee's side, she thought as she took another breath of the salty sea air. She had never thought that she'd be able to sail the open sea like this. She was a pirate, and her father had taught her how to sail even after he stopped being an actual father and more of a figurehead. But their ships were anchored in Pirate's Cove, unable to sail due to the barrier. This was more than she could have ever dreamed.

"Droppin' anchor cap'n!" Sammy said with a smile. "This looks like a good place to stop for a picnic and then maybe a spar?"

"If I ever turn down a spar Sammy, assume there's something wrong with me," Harriet said with a small chuckle as she turned to look at her girlfriend. There were those in Auradon who thought they were insane for going out with how cold it was; Harriet could only scoff at them.

Besides, it meant Sammy got to wear a red scarf that somehow made her look even more gorgeous than she already did. Honestly how was that fair? The red scarf with the red beanie she'd taken to wearing and the red mittens Mrs. Potts had made for her.

The weird thing was they still hadn't met Mrs. Potts. The winter accessories just showed up in a welcome basket their first winter there along with a blue scarf, beanie, and mittens for Harriet.

I will admit, I'm perfectly okay with wearing Sammy's colors for a change, Harriet thought as Sammy came to the deck with the picnic basket. Though she still wasn't sure how Mrs. Potts knew about them—she suspected Ben might have told her but she wasn't sure.

"I have to say, I know it's only been three years in Auradon but I will never get used to how nice the food is in comparison to what it was like when we were growing up," Sammy said with a small sigh.

"Me too," Harriet nodded as she unscrewed the thermos that they'd filled with hot chocolate. "At least now any kids who're still on the Isle can get decent food. Though I'd be surprised if there's anyone still there other than the remnants of the Angels and the Casters."

"And the Gaston twins if we're only talking VKs," Sammy added. "I honestly don't think they'll make it off the Isle with how they treated Gil and the LeGume girls. I'm just glad Gil was able to be with his mother."

Sammy had been true to her word and asked Ben about bringing the Bimbettes off the Isle as soon as they got back with her father. Ben, to his credit, only seemed slightly conflicted about the matter and it was understandable.

These weren't just VKs who hadn't deserved to be chucked on an Isle and forgotten about, or adults who'd done nothing but followed orders. These were women who had made his mother's life horrible in her village, who had stormed his father's castle during Gaston's raid of it.

In the end though, after talking with Gil and the girls and finding that they did want their mothers in Auradon with them, Ben brought the Bimbettes from the Isle. Another branch on the Princess Genevieve's confusing family tree.

"Claudette really seems to like Macaria," Harriet said.

"Why wouldn't she? She's nice, friendly, witty, and you know the granddaughter of Zeus," Sammy chuckled. "I'd say that's a safe bet of liking her son's girlfriend."