Chapter Twenty Nine

Back in Auradon, Ginny Gothel didn't know about the plot Freddy and Audrey were cooking up. All she knew was that she really enjoyed hanging out with Chad and his sisters.

While she did love living with Rapunzel and her family, the former blonde quickly treating her like another daughter, Ginny was amazed at how quickly the Charming girls had taken a shine to her.

Kitty, the eldest daughter, was always quick to invite her to join if she was going to make some mischief, while Lucy was eager to talk make up trends and see what looked good. Now that she was in Auradon, Ginny had to admit she was interested in possibly running her own make up company at some point.

Rapunzel was on board and offered to help, having developed her own anti-aging cream herself. Ginny didn't know what was more unlikely—the fact that Rapunzel had sold an anti-aging cream or the fact that Gothel didn't know who had developed the cream she eagerly fished out of the barge every month for a few scraps of the cream left over in the bottles.

Alexandria, the youngest, was oddly enough the most reluctant at first but after getting Bruno's seal of approval, so was she. Then again, maybe it wasn't so surprising. Ginny didn't think she saw a closer sibling duo than Chad and Alexandria.

This day though, she was hanging out solely with the Charming girls; Chad having gone out on a ride on his horse Arthur. He had introduced them and Ginny had fallen in love with their stables. They were so much bigger than the Coachman's stables (if you could even call them stables) where he kept his donkeys.

Gods I hope the poor things are doing okay since I'm not there, Ginny thought as the other girls chattered happily. Maybe King Ben will let me go over to the Isle for a day to check on them.

"Has Chad still not asked you out?" Alexandria asked and Ginny looked at her, forcefully pulled out of her thoughts by the question.

"What?!"

"Has Chad still not asked you out?" Alexandria repeated, looking unfazed at her shock as Kitty and Lucy froze, unsure what to say. Sure they wanted to know as well but such a question might cause Ginny to run and that might turn Chad back into the shell he'd been.

"Alex—I mean your highness—I mean—Why would you think—there is no possible way that your brother would want—."

"First of all, no titles necessary Ginny. You don't call Chad your highness do you? And second of all...you don't see the way he looks at you?" Alexandria said.

"He doesn't look at me like anything," Ginny insisted.

Alexandria shook her head and looked over at her sisters. "Does getting older mean getting blind?"

Ginny also shook her head. "Alex...you don't get it. Even if for some unknown reason Chad did look at me a certain way...he can't..."

"Why can't he?" Alexandria asked, tilting her head. "He's liked girls before. Hell he liked Audrey of all people so clearly his taste in women have improved tremendously since he likes you now."

"Because...Because...he could do better," Ginny muttered, biting her lip.

"He can? Who? Cause Ginny, there's no one better for him than you."

"I'm a nobody Alex! I'm a VK, a low ranked VK at that! I wasn't in a gang before! You all are royalty, I've got nothing to offer Chad. I accepted no guy was going to want me years go," Ginny exclaimed and then sighed. "The only thing I'm good for is taking care of those poor donkeys on the Isle when I find them."