Him or me ? Part one (TST)

A/N : God, it has been a while since I've updated. I can't believe that this fandom is still alive after all those years. Well, I hope to publish all the stories that are left over. Don't know what happened to my writing style but this is quite different from my old one. Have fun reading ;)

Y/N P.O.V.

We found a way out of the maze, had to watch our friends die and lost everything we had built.

For nothing.

After we set one foot in freedom, we were again pulled into a helicopter against our will and have been flying over destroyed cities and deserts for almost two hours now.
I haven't spoken since we took off, just kept staring through the window into the distance.
My legs are numb from all the running and I see some bruises on my arms.
The others are not better off either but our aching hearts are much worse.
The pictures of Chuck bleeding to death in Thomas' arms flash through my brain.
A tear escapes my right eye when I think of Gally, my brother and my only hope for a happy life as a family, who was pierced with a spear.
Actually, I shouldn't blame Minho for saving us from more shots, but he killed him.

Another salty tear runs down my cheek and makes my face, that is covered with scratches, burn.
I close my eyes and finally fall asleep after a few minutes.

"Y/N."

Newts' voice reaches my ear and I open my eyes.
The helicopter has landed and I hear shouts from outside.
It's dark, and I see some armed men through the dusty glass.
My best friend, the former second-in-command, pulls me outside in a hurry and together we run after the others and towards a large building.

A few shots ring out as the door closes behind us and a strange man with grey hair greets us.

I don't really listen to his speech and start spacing out.
My thoughts wander to the boys who have been left behind in the glade.
Are they still alive and will they also be saved by the soldiers, dressed in black?

"Hey you! The girl with the y/h/c hair!"

I look up and stare at the man who called me. His look is somehow contemptuous and I get the feeling that something is wrong here.

"Her name is Y/N, shuckface." Thomas growls and looks hostilely at the guy.
Said man raises his eyebrows in amusement and waves his guards over.

"Take the boys to the rooms in hall one. I'll take care of the two girls." he orders and curves the sides of his mouth to what is probably meant to be a smile.
He reminds me of a rat that is trapped inside of a human being, which is why I secretly name this guy Ratman.
Teresa walks beside him without any protest but I don't move an inch.

"Why can't we stay together as a group?", I ask.

He turns his head and gives me a side glance.

"You'll be able to see each other at dinner later. Just follow me for now.", he answers.

I huff in response before frowning at him.

"That wasn't my question. Also, I'm sure it won't be a problem for anybody if I just stick with the boys. We lived together for a long time, no need to separate us now."

Ratman looks like he's about to kill me but instead of responding to my comment, he just grabs me by my arm and tries to drag me away from the group.

"Hey man, why don't you just leave Y/N and Teresa alone?
I think I'm speaking for our whole group when I'm saying that we don't want any trouble.", Newt steps in.

"I won't discuss this with you kids. You should be grateful that we helped you out after you escaped the maze. Otherwise you'd be dead by now."

"We didn't ask for your help tho.", Frypan pipes in, who earns a glare from the man in return.