Minho- Challenge accepted (TMR)

Y/N P.O.V.

I'm just being led across the Glade by Newt, a tall blonde boy. He shows me everything and explains the work everyone has to do. Unfortunately there aren't any other girls here yet but maybe I can get along with the others as well. What did Newt call them again? Shanks. I still have to get used to the Glader slang. We are on our way to the blood house when two boys come running out of the gap between the walls. Surprised I turn to Newt and ask, "Are those the runners you were talking about?". He nods and I turn back to the two of them. The boys are about the same size and wear a leather outfit around their upper bodies. One of the runners has blonde hair and is wearing a white sweater. The Asian boy next to him has dark hair and a blue shirt. I have to admit, they look pretty good. But that's what everybody is doing here. Newt is waving his hand in front of my face. "Hey greenie, stop staring at them like that." he rebukes me. I quickly look away and the second-in-command pulls me towards them. When the runners notice us, they stop and stare at me. "Minho, Ben - this is Y/N our new greenie." says Newt and I shake their hands. "And Y/N, this are our best runners Minho and Ben." the Brit continues. I smile at them both. "Nice to meet you. As I've heard, you've been looking for an exit for a while. Maybe I'll manage to convince Newt here...", I say and point to him, "..and of course Alby to make me a runner, too." I finish. Newt sighs annoyed and I grin. "But you also have to convince Minho - and that will be the hardest." Ben says with a wink. I smile and look at him provocatively. "We'll see about that. I bet I'm faster than you." I reply confidently. I have no idea where my self-confidence comes from but I like it. For a moment I can see uncertainty flashing in Minho's eyes but not a second later he raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms in front of his chest. "Challenge accepted. Tonight you against us. We make a race. " he suggests and I agree. Then Newt and I say goodbye to them and continue the tour. "What were you thinking, challenging the fastest boys in the Glade?" Newt asks incredulously. "Do you really think I'd mess with them if I didn't know that I could run faster than they? Don't worry, they'll learn their lesson." I relpy smirking.

Minho P.O.V.
Ben and I are still looking after the girl. "Man, the Greenie's hot." Ben says all of a sudden. It gives me a bad feeling that he thinks that way about her, but he's right. Y/N is really pretty and I'm sure she could become a runner. She definitely has the courage to mess with us right away. But actually I don't want her to go behind the walls. It is much too dangerous for a girl...
I shake my head. What is wrong with me ? "Come on. We have to go to the card room." I answer and jog off.

*time skip- in the evening*
Y/N P.O.V.
I'm totally excited about the upcoming race. Maybe I have dared too much and embarrass myself. I've only been here a few hours and already have challenged Minho and Ben. The gladers gather around the track that we will run along. To my surprise even Alby agreed to the race. Probably because he doesn't think I'm faster. Just like everyone else. Newt stands at the starting line with two pans that are beaten against each other for the start signal. Minho and Ben stand next to me and get ready. The dark-haired one grins at me confidently. "Well Greenie, ready to lose?" he asks and grins. Now my ambition is awakened. I smile at him as sweet as sugar. "In your dreams." I answer and turn my gaze forward again. Then Newt's voice sounds. "Ready...and go!" he shouts and the signal can be heard. We all sprint off and I see Minho just ahead of me, together with Ben. The target is already visible and I put everything in my legs and switch off my head. I have the feeling that my feet hardly touch the ground before I lift them again to push my body further forward. Then I overtake them with my last strength and reach the finish line first. Close behind me Minho and Ben. Out of breath I look at the two, who also try to take controlled breath. First the Gladers are visibly shocked but then they come cheering towards me and congratulate me. Alby and Newt approach me. "Holy klunk. You're shucking fast. We'll think about making you a runner. Well done newbie." says Alby and pats me on the shoulder. Newt also congratulates me and I go to the two losers afterwards. "Well, apparently I'm faster than you. And did I convince you?" I ask with a crooked grin. "Alright! Alright. You won. Congratulations." Ben says and rolls his eyes but he also shakes my hand and then runs to the other celebrating boys. Now only Minho and I are left. He looks exhausted and in a way I feel sorry for him. I embarrassed him and Ben in front of everyone and somehow defiled his reputation. "Hey, just so you know, I didn't mean to embarrass you. I just wanted so much to prove that girls have what it takes to be runners, too." I apologize. He looks at me in surprise. "It's okay. You're really fast and apparently brave. Not everyone would have dared to compete against us." he gives back. I smile. "So I convinced you?" I ask excitedly. Minho nods and grins. I embrace him stormy and after a short hesitation he puts his arms around me and presses me to himself. My heart beats faster and I let him go again. Together we walk slowly towards the Bonfire. "The others will hold that against me forever now." he complains and I have an idea. I stop and press a short kiss on his mouth. Minho looks at me speechless and I have to laugh. "What? That was your consolation prize. And now come on." I shout over my shoulder as I continue walking . Then I hear footsteps behind me and Minho is at my side. He grins like crazy and I take his hand. That is going to be funny here in the Glade.

----------
1114 words 🤷🏼‍♀️