Gally- part 2 (TMR/ TST)

Y/N P.O.V

Silently I follow the boys further into the Maze to the new sector. My thoughts keep circling around Gally. Why did he have to be so stubborn and didn't want to come with us? I only noticed that everyone stopped when I ran into Newt. "Oh sorry." I mumble and look at him apologetically. Thomas looks around the corner of the wall where we are and immediately turns back to us. "Klunk..." he says quietly. Little Chuck next to me seems even more nervous than me. "What is there?" asks the brown-haired boy, whom I estimate to be eleven years old. "Griever" Thomas answers restlessly. Everyone reaches for their weapons and I clench my spear tighter. "Okay, we get out of here. Or we die trying." Thomas says decisively and we run around the corner. Surprised, the Griever turns to us as we rush towards him. With our spears and machetes we manage to kill him. But already in the next moment more Grievers come towards us. I see one boy after another being killed by the robot creatures and from the corner of my eye I notice Thomas, together with Chuck at his side, trying to crack the code with the key. He calls something to Minho and when he answers, the dark brown hairy runner types in some numbers. A loud siren sounds and the walls above us start to fall down. As fast as I can I run together with Newt and the other gladers to the opening door. With a big jump we land in the safe area and the last wall crashes to the ground behind us and buries the only living Griever. Minho carefully opens the door and we step into a dark room. "Well done Group A. You are the last survivors of the Maze experiments and have successfully mastered Phase One. Unfortunately I'm not here to congratulate you...", a woman's voice sounds. Looking around for someone, I can't recognize anyone. How should I? You can hardly see your hand in front of your eyes. With a click the light above us comes on and I see a devastated room. The female voice came from a hologram in the middle of the presumed laboratory. She looks exhausted and her blond hair is tightly tied back. She talks about the maze and some virus, but I'm not really listening. Curiously I look around the room. Some of the tables have been knocked over and destroyed computers are lying on the floor. I recognize bullet holes and some bullet casings in the metal of a medicine cart. There was definitely a fight here, but what happened?
A bang sounds and I turn back to the holgram, frightened. The picture is gone and the boys look at each other overtaxed. Another signal sounds and a new door opens. "Is it over? Can we go home now?" asks Chuck uncertainly. "Yes, we made it. Come on, guys, we're leaving the Maze- forever." Thomas responds and at this moment armed men storm the room. They drag us outside, where we are received by oppressive heat. The only thing I see is sand. We are in the middle of a desert. No wonder why it was always so warm in the Maze. The men dressed in black lead us to a helicopter and practically throw us in. When everyone is inside, the door of the helicopter closes and we fly off. Over the Maze, over the desert and over abandoned destroyed cities. The sight makes me speechless but I am too excited and exhausted to say anything anyway. Tired I close my eyes and fall into a restless sleep with dreams of Gally.
After a while Newt gently wakes me up. "Hey Y/N. We are there. Come with us and hurry."
As soon as we have left the helicopter, we are taken to a kind of bunker and meanwhile it has become quite dark and cold. Trembling we are welcomed by a guy who introduces himself as Mr. Janson. I find him strange but he takes us to the baths and lets us bring new clothes. At the showers I say goodbye to the boys and go into the girls area. The shower was the best in a long time. Of course you get used to the showers in the Glade but this seems like pure luxury. After I have showered extensively, I put on a black jeans with a grey sweater. In addition the next best sneakers and my backpack, which I will take with me everywhere from now on. I don't trust anybody here except my friends and I won't let anybody touch my stuff. When I leave the bathroom I see all the other gladers waiting in front of me. They all look so different. What a shower and other clothes can do. "I thought you weren't coming today. Were you stuck under the shower or why did it take so long?" Minho asks me annoyed.
I have to laugh because I had almost forgotten Minho's sarcastic nature. "Yes, you've complained enough?" I ask and roll my eyes. He wants to reply but I cut him off. "Well then we can go and eat now." I say instead. The other boys agree with me and together we walk towards the canteen. Actually, my appetite has passed away. Since Gally has gone, I'm not feeling very well but I try not to let it show. Together we enter the large dining room and my breath falters. Is that...?

I stand still and look speechless at the dark blonde boy. He stands with his back to us and talks to some guys sitting at a table. He looks like Gally...
Newt stands in front of me and blocks the view. "Everything okay Y/N? You look bloody pale." he says and I try to look past him. "I'm fine. Don't worry." I answer and walk past Newt to the blonde guy. "G- Gally?" I ask and tap him on the shoulder. He turns around and my hopes burst. That's not Gal, no. Gally is in the Maze without me and I will never see him again. Tears are gathering in my eyes and I apologize quickly. Fast I go to my group and the boys look at me nervously. I have to pull myself together very hard to hold back the incessant tears. "What was that about, Y/N? You know Gally stayed in the Maze." asks Minho. "I- I was hoping it was him." I sniff and then stare at my plate in the hope that Minho and the others will leave me alone. Everyone begins to eat in silence, but I feel sick at the thought of eating. So all the time I just sit there and keep silent. "Please Y/N you have to eat something. It all tastes pretty good, try it." Thomas tries to convince me now and gives me a sandwich. "No. I can't eat anything. Excuse me, I'll go to my room." I mumble and get up. I walk purposefully towards the door of the canteen and before I can push it open, someone comes in. With my luck I get the hard door against my head and stagger a few steps back. "Klunk! Such a shuck-face." I rather say to myself and hold my head. I hear a familiar laugh. Slowly I take my hand away and suddenly I feel no more pain. Everything is unimportant when I see him in front of me. There stands Gally - the Gally I never thought I'd see again. Sobbing I run towards him and embrace him. I press my head into his neck and Gally closes his arms around me. "I missed you so much." I whisper and squeeze him even harder. "And so did I. I'm so sorry that I let you go. I will never leave you again." he says and I have to smile. Gally always causes such a beautiful feeling in me. He makes me feel safe. When we finally seperate again, I look into his eyes. Then I kiss him. But this kiss is different. There is so much more passion and longing in him. We involuntarily separate from each other to take a breath. Then I turn around and pull Gally by the hand to our group. I don't care that we all get strange looks and when we arrive, everyone greets Gally. Finally we sit down with them and the former keeper of the builders tells us how he got here. How these weird armed men flew over the Maze and brought Gally with the others. "And where are the others?" Frypan asks curiously. "They are in the rooms. Wanted to get a little sleep before going here but I asked this Janson and he told me that Group A is now in the canteen. So I hurried and let the other shanks sleep." Gally replies and I take his hand. "I'm so glad you're with us. I don't know what I would have done without you." I say quietly. He smiles and bends over to me to give me a short kiss. "Oh come on! We want to eat here so don't spoil our appetite with your romance-stuff." Minho says annoyed and I laugh.

Who would have thought at that time that we would get through the Scorch Trails and finally arrive at the safe haven after the last city? Since then we live there together with the other survivors and Gally and I have a little daughter with blond hair. She is a sweet girl and Gally's little princess. In the end we all managed to become happy.

-----------
1620 words 📝