Him or me ? Part three

Y/N P.O.V

When I wake up, I am lying on a hospital bed in a white room.
A cannula has been stuck into my skin on my hand and through a long tube a liquid flows into my veins.
I turn my head to the side and see a couple of people walking down a corridor through the opened door.
Slowly remembering what happened, I shove the blanket back.

"She really did shoot me. I can't believe it.", I mumble.

Looking down at my stomach, I can see a bandage wrapped around it and when I sit up I hardly feel any pain.
Actually, I feel like I've never been better in the past 3 years.
They probably gave me some strong painkillers that last for a few hours.

Just as I'm about to sneak out to use the time, without being watched by any guards, a doctor enters my room and closes the door behind him.

Great, now what?

"How are you feeling, Y/N?", he asks.
His voice sounds friendly. While I watch him going through some papers, I pull my blanket back up to my stomach.

"You mean besides the bullet hole in my stomach that Teresa gave me?", I ask sarcastically.

The doctor chuckles lightly and nods.

"I'm fine. It's probably just the painkillers but I think my body has never been in a better condition. How long was I asleep?"

"About 18 hours."

"Oh."

An awkward silence develops and I start playing with the blanket to avoid eye contact.

"Well, the bullet didn't hurt any of your important organs.", he breaks the weird atmosphere and looks up from his documents.

"We were able to remove it from your body and it shouldn't leave more than a scar. Just rest for one or two more days and you'll be able to walk normally and without much pain again. I'll send someone to get you some food too. You must be starving."

I nod understandingly and the doctor crosses the room, walking towards a little coffee-table that is located next to a small couch.

"I'll let a nurse check your vitals and bandages every 12 hours. That's just a regular procedure
for our patients, don't worry.
You'll be healed in no time.", he gives me a reassuring smile.

"When can I leave and see my friends?
Or could they visit me?", I ask, my hope increasing.

His smile falters and he shakes his head apologetically.
"I'm sorry but that won't be possible. We can't just let a whole bunch of people run around in this facility. Our patients need to rest.", he explains.

"I understand. And what if only one of my friends would come visit me ?"

He shrugs and walks towards the door.
"I'm not sure but I'll try to make it happen.", he replies and bids his goodbye.

I give him a little smile and he leaves the room.

——————

A few days have passed and I regained most of my strength in my legs, so I am now able to walk again. I can't go far but a few meters in my room for the whole time that I had to stay in the facility.
And of course nobody of Group A came to visit me, since Ratman didn't authorize any visitors, as the doctor told me.

Finally, after about a week, I was allowed to leave and the nice doctor came to see me off.

I said my goodbyes and was escorted to my room.
It only contains a small bed, a few cupboards and a bathroom next door.
Everything is colored in white.
How boring.
They should let me redo the interior while I'm being locked up here.

Many days have passed and I'm still stuck in my little room. The only social interaction I have had was when the guards brought me my food...
Sighing, I let myself fall on the bed and get once again lost in my thoughts.

I haven't heard anything of Ratman, Teresa or Group A and neither did they hear from me.
One night, I tried to escape by punching a woman, who was assigned to keep an eye on me, and stealing her ID card.
Turns out that the whole area is filled with security cameras and they noticed my attempted escape. I admit that I didn't completely think my plan through.

Even when I wrote a small letter for the boys, the doctor told me that he'd give it to the guards as soon as he has some free time.

But I'm sure that it never arrived. If Group A is still in this facility. Knowing Thomas, I can tell that he found out about what's really going on here. But they wouldn't leave without me, would they?

I jump back on my feet and start pacing around in my room.
It's becoming quite lonely.
There isn't much to see in here either and except for doing a few push ups and stretching, I sleep most of the time. What are Frypan and Newt doing? How is Minho and did Thomas start an argument with Ratman already? What happened to Teresa after she shot me?

They have kept me completely isolated from all other people than the nurses and guards.

I walk towards the locked door and knock on it.

"Hey can you tell me when I can get out of here?", I ask and put my ear against the cold material of the door.

Nobody answers and I frown.

"Come on guys. It's so boring, I want to see my friends again. Can't you let me out for like 10 minutes? I promise, I won't tell anybody."

Nothing.

I groan in frustration and lightly bang my head against the door.

"Can you at least talk to me? Did your mom not teach you that it is rude to ignore someone?"

Hearing footsteps approach, I back away and wait patiently until the guards open the door.
The last person I expected enters the room.

"What are you doing here?!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
(Aaah don't we all love a nice cliffhanger...? No seriously, I'm sorry for everybody who's interested in this short story haha. I'm updating again soon.)