Frypan- just a little hot in here (TMR)

Y/N P.O.V

I'm in the kitchen waiting for Fry to come back with the blasted carrots... But that is an hour and a half ago. I look at my watch, about a half hour until dinner time and I have barely even started cooking it. It was Frypan’s idea to do sloppy joes but I need carrots in the meat and he still hasn’t come back yet. I chop the onions loudly, pretending every cut is Fry’s neck, I'm so upset with him. Who just leaves in the middle of dinner and doesn’t say anything? 

I stop chopping the onions and wipe the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand, as if just on cue Frypan walks into the kitchen, and stops once he sees me holding the knife. 
“Where the hell have you been?” I shout. Fry’s eyes are wide. He’s not looking at me, but at the knife. "Oh don’t worry I’m not about to kill you... Not until after we’re done here anyway.” I roll my eyes and go back to chopping. 
“I’m sorry. When I got to the gardens Zart and Newt hadn’t even started uprooting the carrots. I just spent the last hour helping them do it.” he says. Now that I look at him, he seams completely sweaty. I see his arms covered in a light layer of oil and his veins are slightly bulging from his biceps. 
“Um... Yeah it’s okay.” I stutter, looking back down at the onion and continue to chop it. 
“What’s the matter with you?” he asks playfully as he walks around the counter and leans against it next to me. I shake my head and keep chopping, not looking up so he can’t see me blush. 
“Nothing.” I say matter of factly. "Besides the fact that we gotta cook for fifty other hungry boys out there and some help would be nice. ” 
“Well I’m no professional but I think you’ve cut enough onions.” he chuckles. I stop chopping and notice I cut about eight of them. 
“Well we could use some pre-chopped onions for other meals right.” I chuckle. 
Fry just laughs and go to grab the big container of carrots he left on the ground and hoist it onto the counter. I look up from my chopping and watch as his arms flex as he lifts it. My eyes can’t look away, I think maybe it is the heat and I am imagining things. Fry clears his throat and my eyes meet his. I am caught. I blush and look back down at the cutting board and grab a carrot, the I start chopping again. 
“You sure you’re okay Y/n?” he asks. 
“Yeah I just think... You know with the oven on and the heat outside... It’s just hot in here.” I say closing my eyes and wiping the sweat from my forehead again. I open my eyes and see Fry staring at me. 
“Definitely hot in here.” he agrees with a wink. "But I don’t think it has anything to do with the oven.” well, that is bold even for Frypan. 
I swallow and continue to look at him. "No I don’t think it really does.” I agree. 
“After dinner’s over we could go cool off somewhere and have some dessert...” Fry suggests. 
“I think that’s a great idea.” I smirk as I grab another carrot. The two of us continue to cook in silence, both stealing glances at each other when we both think we aren’t looking. Needless to say we were really looking forward to dessert. We two are going to have a nice and wonderful date.

------
608 words 😅