Him or me ? Part four

⚠️TW: this chapter contains violent scenes and a bit of swearing

A/N: Tbh I didn't plan to continue this story since I'm no longer that much interested in the whole Maze Runner fandom etc.
But thanks to a really sweet request of a reader, I'm gonna write a few more chapters until the story is finished.

I'm sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes 😣
____________________________________

"Hey there Y/N."

In front of me stands an old lady dressed in a white suit. Her blonde hair is tucked into a high bun and the roots give off a slight grayish shine. Red lipstick colors her lips and her eyes seem dull.

I know her. She is the woman from the video we watched after we escaped from the maze.

What's her name again?

Right, it's Ava Paige. She's supposed to be dead, lying in the ruins of the labors where they used to watch almost all of us getting killed.
We saw her committing suicide by shooting herself in the head.
Guess that was once again a lie.

She orders the guards to close the door and approaches me.
I try my best not to show how surprised I am and raise a brow.

"What do you want here? Don't you have other test subjects that you have to take care of?"

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm just glad that you, Teresa and Thomas made it out of the maze alive. It would have been a shame to see our greatest hope of a cure getting caught by a griever. "
Ava responds in an almost motherly, caring way.

She seems to have no remorse regarding the deaths she is responsible for.

"As if you'd ever cared about us.

We don't even remember what our lives were like before the maze and you trapped us there for 3 years.

You made us watch our friends die and now you've separated me from the only family I have left. Do you think that's fair?" I exclaim, clenching my fists.

The look on her face shows empathy and the corners of her mouth twitch upwards into a small smile.

"I'm sorry for the pain I've caused but this was and still is the only way we can guarantee that you'll be able to give us the cure we all are hoping for.

We used to think alike when you were working for Wicked, but I guess you won't change your mind now, will you?"

"You mean after destroying everything that used to mean the world to me?", I scoff at her question.

She sighs and shakes her head.

"I can't change what I've done and I can't stop either, now that I've come so far with my studies...

The price of a few lives is not comparable to the safety of the world's population.", she replies.

That woman makes my blood boil.
I can't remember how long I've worked alongside her but I'm glad that I don't support this cruel organization anymore.

"I'll take my leave now. As I can see, you're not fond of me being here and I can't judge you for that but please keep in mind that Wicked is good. Whether you want to accept it or not."

That's it. The last straw that held me back.

All the memories of my friends flood my head.

All the pain we had to endure.

All the scars that cover my body from the years in the glade start burning on my skin.

It feels like electricity is cursing through my veins as I throw myself at her.