ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀɴ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴ - ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

Ah, suspension. What a wonderful thing. Getting yelled at and shunned by your parents, having to catch up on school work, having more chores than usual, not going to school but still waking up early...it truly is paradise.

Y/n's parents were disappointed upon finding out what their daughter had done.

Put yourself in her parents shoes for a moment... Imagine having a good child that never gets in trouble, is always kind, not once earning a call home from the school, suddenly beats the shit out of another student. Imagine the shock that came with that info, that their amazing Y/n, was capable of such harm.

It made sense why they flipped their shit and essentially shunned her for the whole of her suspension.

While her parents did believe Y/n when she told them of why the fight broke out in the first place, they couldn't get over the fact that her first resort was violence. Yes, she stood up for the poor E-Class student. Yes, she was standing up for the right thing. But there were so many better ways to go about it.

As punishment for her actions, her parents had her do all the chores that the maids and butlers would.

She would do all the laundry, clean the whole house, fix up the garden, and so much more.

At this point, Y/n was okay with death knocking on her door again. She wanted the sweet release of death and the nothingness she felt during it. She wanted something to take away the pain her muscles were in.

But unfortunately she couldn't let that happen.

During the first day of her suspension, she was introduced to a government agent. He told her about an octopus and how she had to kill him (with the rest of her class) in order to save the world.

What irked her about the whole thing was that this octopus had to come and threaten to destroy the one life she wanted to live fully.

Using this newfound anger, she made sure to practice with her weapons throughout the week despite all the pain her muscles were to experience. She wanted to sharpen her skills, to make sure she was just as good as she normally would be (especially after 30-ish years of having not touched a weapon).

As of now, it was the day she heads back to the hell hole many call school.

Y/n groaned, lazily rolling off the bed and making her way to the bathroom.

After cleaning herself up, she went downstairs and was met with her parents who were about to leave.

"Good morning," Her father greeted. He was standing by the front door, suitcase in hand.

Y/n gave a quick hello and hug before heading towards the kitchen.

"How long will you two be gone this time?" She asked while popping some bread into the toaster.

"I'm not sure, maybe 6-7 months? I'll text you when I know for sure," He replied as Mom came from upstairs, "Okay, I've got the papers," She called as she continued her way down.

"Oh, 'morning my love," her mother said once she spotted Y/n. She gave her daughter a quick kiss on the forehead before heading towards her husband to speak of their work plans.

Y/n finished her breakfast and put her plate in the sink.

"We'll be leaving now, okay? We love you and we'll call you when we can," Her mother called.

"Okay, Bye! Stay safe, I love you guys too," Y/n replied before hearing the door shut.