ɪ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏꜱ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴄʀᴇᴇᴘʏ - ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

⚠️Warnings⚠️

- None

The students were brought outside after being scolded by Koro-Sensei. Y/n's peers had told him that studying wasn't worth it, that the reward money mattered most and that while they weren't great at academics, at least they had assassination.

This prompted a rise of anger in the creature.

The students then filed outside upon their teachers request, standing near the entrance of the classroom. Koro-Sensei stood in the middle of the field.

Karma stood away from his peers while Y/n stood with Nagisa.

"Alright, children," Koro-Sensei began, his back to the class, "love or hate the E-class system, as a remedial process it can work.

"Imagine placing in the top 50 of 186 students on midterms. Make that a reality, and securing a former teacher's favor is all an E-class student needs to return to the class from which they were ejected."

Y/n had an idea of where this was going. None of her classmates were confident enough in their abilities, making Koro-Sensei devise a plan that would allow them to grow in said confidence. He would attach strings as a motivator, however what kind is unknown to her.

"—don't tell me to hurry up, I'm not a child." Irina's voice spat, drawing Y/n back into the moment.

Kataoka gave a quick apology before joining the rest of the class.

"Ms. Jelavich," Koro-Sensei asked.

Irina only hummed in response.

"I'd like your opinion as a professional assassin."

"Alright, what do you wanna know?"

"Now," Koro-Sensei began, "Let's say you've been given an assignment, Do you devise only one plan going into it?"

Irina scoffed, " 'Course not. If my profession has taught me anything, it's that plan A almost never comes off like you'd expect. There are just too many variables.

"A good assassin has back up plans for any contingencies." She finished, her eyes scanning over the students.

"And Karasuma," Koro-Sensei inquired, "When teaching knife combat strategies, do you believe the first strike is the only move of any importance."

Of course not, Y/n thought to herself with a hint of annoyance. Where is he taking this anyways?

Karasuma answered Koro-Sensei's question, "The first move is important, but so is the follow up. Never assume the first strike will hit, because when your opponents trained—"

Y/n and Karma caught each other's eye, aiming a glare at one another.

"—you have to be ready to deliver the next strike with at least as much precision and skill as the first. Or better yet, carry a second blade."

Having literally done the same as Karasuma suggested, the two knew their teacher's advice too well.

Most of the class gave a sound of confusion.

"If you have a point sir, I think we're missing it." Maehara spoke out.

Instead of answering, Koro-Sensei spun in a circle, "Listen to your teachers, boys and girls—"

The air swirled, creating a harsh wind. Y/n tensed and shielded her face with her arm, much like her peers.

"—back up plans are the cornerstone of confidence. And a confident assassin is a successful one. The same goes for life in general. You strive for assassination but not academics!?