Part 1

-10 years ago- Sydney Australia-

I was playing with my brother Bangchan when my dad barged into the room, "Hey! keep it down! your too loud!" He was obviously drunk but we were used to that. I have never seen my dad happy or not drinking, Bang Chan said he was at one point but I don't believe him. "Let's put this all away," 14-year-old Bangchan told to me.

As I was putting everything back I saw a duffel bag in the back of the closet, Chan noticed that I was looking at it and quickly hid it farther in the back of the closet Underneath a bunch of clothes. "What is that for?" 10-year-old me said. "Oh, nothing, it's just a bag of clothes that need to be washed later." I just nodded and walked out of the room and into the kitchen to get an apple.

when I went to eat it, it got smacked out of my hand. I looked up and saw my dad standing there leaning on the counter with a bottle of soju in his hand. "you're already fat enough you don't need that" he said as he picked up the apple from off the floor and started to eat it. I was skinnier than the average 10-year-old since he rarely fed us and I was starving but I didn't grab anything else because I knew that by doing that I would just upset my dad even more. I shook my head lightly as my stomach growled at me and went to the room that Chan and I share and got into bed and eventually fell asleep.

~~~
the following day when I got up I noticed that Chan wasn't in his bed. I got up and went towards the stairwell quietly making sure to not wake up my father from his sleep. I looked all over the house, the cabinets, outside, in the closet, and even in the extra bedroom that my dad uses for his beer, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. "he probably already went to school" I said to myself as I was going back up to my room quietly. I got dressed and left the house to go to school.

My school is an elementary school and a middle school so me and Bangchan get to go to school together. When I got to school everyone was looking at me and whispering as per usual. They always spread rumors about me and not Bangchan because I'm always quiet. When I went to my classroom I put my stuff down and went to go look for my brother. I looked in all of the classrooms and even the teacher's lounge but he wasn't there. "He'll come home later," I thought to myself as I was walking back to my homeroom.
~~~
When I got home my dad wasn't there. He usually goes to work for a bit then comes back and drinks then uses Chan and me as a punching bag to get all of his stress out. A few hours went by and Chan still hadn't come home. I was starting to get really worried about him. I went outside to the neighbor's house but they looked like they were moving, "Excuse me, Mrs.Sam?" I said to the young-looking lady carrying a box to the moving van. "Yes, dear?", "Have you seen my brother Chan?"

"Oh, Christopher? I saw him last night leaving the house with a duffel bag but I thought he was just going to the laundry mat so I didn't think much of it," she said as she was putting the box into the back of the van. "Thanks anyways" I walked away and started to tear up. He couldn't have just run away leaving me here. that's not like him at all. I walked back into the house heading to my room to do my homework. I tried to focus but I just couldn't, so I decided to go to sleep. The next morning Chan still wasn't there. I was starting to accept the fact that he just left me here. He's really gone, and he might never come back.

-------------------

~hey guys, I hope you all liked this first episode! more to come! this is my first FF on Wattpad but I have written before on wit so I'm not new to writing!~ Byeeeee