A Kwami's betrayal

"Do you think we can do it?" Emma asks sleepily as she laid in her little bed. Honey stayed near her, not even trying to hide. Like Ryu, Honey knew something was wrong. They had to go see the master without the children realizing it. They knew how to be careful, but they had to do something.

Honey nodded to the little girl, knowing she had to wait for sleep to take over. "If you want to save Mr. Agreste, I think you can do it! Nothing is impossible, Emma." The kwami says with a smile on her face, watching as the child yawns and closes her eyes.

"You're the best, Honey," was the last thing she said before falling asleep. Her dreams were filled with memories of her mom and dad playing with her, of family moments they shared. There was no doubt in that little girl's mind that she missed her family and the way it was before, but she had a job she needed to do here. If she could help her dad in any way she could, maybe he could have a happier childhood. 

Honey frowned as the child slept peacefully, the older kids watching a scary movie out on the deck. Hugo was enjoying his time here, just like Emma, but Honey couldn't ignore what was happening to him anymore. She knew her effects had been taking a toll on him, but if he didn't get back home soon, he would be stuck here. Time would adjust to his presence, most likely making him a part of the Couffaine family for good.  Honey could already picture Hugo's appearance changing to match more with Ms. Couffaine. If worse comes to worst, time might even try to fix itself and remove him completely, but that was highly unlikely. 

"I'm sorry, Emma, but your brother has to go home. I do believe in you, but we can't keep ignoring the issue here," Honey looked over at the corner of the room where Ryu was waiting, knowing the plan but worried all the same. Emma was too young to be given the power of a miraculous, especially one like her. Her ability needs to send Hugo back, but there was only one person who could do that. Honey needed to have her miraculous returned to Master Fu. It couldn't go to either Ladybug or Cat Noir because the young heroes shouldn't know much about their future. It had to go to someone else, someone that knows the importance of using her power responsibly. 

Her miraculous couldn't go to Hugo because she wasn't sure if Hugo was capable of handling more than one. It takes a lot out of the user, and she couldn't risk his health anymore.

"Are you sure about this? Shouldn't we at least tell Tikki or Plagg about what we're doing first?" Ryu asked, flying close to where the little girl slept. He knew that once Emma loses the miraculous, she wouldn't be protected anymore. Still, he had to protect Hugo at whatever cost. Hugo wouldn't make it out here much longer without something protecting him. "I agree that maybe it's time we take away the miraculous from her, but if we're not careful about this, it could still be bad."

Honey stared over at the little girl, her eyes filling with tears at the thought of disappointing her. She knew this was considered abandoning her, but she didn't want to have to see her cry. She didn't want to see the look in her eyes when she finds out that it was Honey's idea to do this.

"Yes. As much as I love Emma, she's not capable of handling me on her own just yet. She's putting her own family at risk for the past but it's the future we need to protect as well." Honey watched sadly as Ryu reached for the miraculous still in the little girl's hair. "Tell Tikki or Plagg if something comes up. For now, please take me back to Master Fu."

With that, Ryu nodded and slid the miraculous off, his friend disappearing back into it. Although the thought of being alone saddened him, he knew what he had to do. No matter what he feels current, Honey was right about one thing. Emma is just a child. She shouldn't be in charge of a miraculous like this. All she wants to do is fix everything, but some things just can't be fixed. Some things are not meant to stay the same, but if she wants to exist in the future, they had no choice but to get her to stop meddling.