The Fox's trap

It didn't take long for Adrien to find Lila and Hugo. In fact, it only took him about five minutes to find him, and from one look at Hugo, instantly knew he didn't want to be there.

"Lila? What are you doing with Hugo?" Adrien asked, walking over to them. He remembered everything that Hugo had said to him, that Vulpina would bring about the downfall of their family, bring Hugo and Emma here. "Hugo, you should go back with Juleka. She seemed a little upset when you left her."

"I didn't mean to," Hugo says as he tries to pull away from Lila. Lila held onto him tighter, causing him to look back at her. "I should go apologize to her."

Lila shook her head no before saying, "you know she likes you, right Hugo? Juleka told me herself that she likes you, and I didn't want to say anything about this, but I promised her I'd talk to you for her."

"No, you didn't," was shouted out as the others turned to see Marinette and Juleka walking over to them. Juleka kept her head down, obviously red from blushing so hard, as she fought back tears. "Why would you do something so mean to her, Lila?"

After being caught in a lie, she frowned at everyone before looking up at Hugo. "Okay, okay. The truth. The truth is that I like you too, Hugo. I didn't want to admit it before but when I heard about this little date, I wasn't thinking."

Hugo grew increasingly uncomfortable with the situation he was in, wanting to just get away from everyone. He wanted his mom and dad more than ever before, but he couldn't go to them. He couldn't hug them and tell them everything because they weren't there.

"Say something, Hugo. Please, dont keep a girl waiting," Lila says as she gives him puppy dog eyes. "Hugo?"

Juleka, unable to watch anymore, ran off to the girl's restroom to cry. Alya and Nino both heard the commotion and separated. Alya ran after Juleka as Nino stayed to watch the situation go down.

Marinette hesitated to go as well, noticing Hugo's eyes tearing up as well. She felt bad for them. Juleka was a good friend to her, but Hugo looked like he was getting upset now. She didn't know what it was about him that attracted her attention, but Hugo was very hard for her to ignore.

Without another word, Hugo pulled away from her a bit roughly as he shook his head no. As if shocked by his own action, he looked at the girl in front of him, unable to see her as anyone but the monster he knew her as in the future.

"I-I can't. I-I'm sorry!" With that said, Hugo ran away from his friends, unable to stop the tears from shedding. This was all his fault. He should have been more careful with Lila. He should have been watching out for her, not just keeping an eye on mom and dad. "I can't do this alone. I want my mom and dad."

Meanwhile...
Adrien, Nino, and Marinette all watched as Lila faked a broken heart, thinking it wasn't very nice of her to do something like that even if she thought Juleka liked him. It was only natural that it's paws off your friend's crush for girls.

"Lila, that's enough of you messing things up! You're just as bad as Chloe!" Marinette shouted angrily at the girl. After all, Lila wasn't as innocent as she seemed. She was nothing more than a liar and a petty theif. "Why would you do something like that to them!"

Lila frowned as she looked down. "I'm sorry if I hurt her. I really didn't want to, but I also didn't want to lose my chance to tell him how I feel." She then looked over at Nino as if he would understand. "Nino, you don't think that makes me a bad person, do you?"

Nino sighed before saying, "I think that makes you a bad friend. If you thought Juleka and Hugo were into each other, you shouldn't have gotten involved like that."