Chapter 14

The inside of the dinner was cute. The floors were checkered, there were red booths and chairs, there was an area in front of the chefs with stools to sit in. The walls were a pale yellow with paintings on the wall themselves of words and people. Sally's Dinner kind of looked like a more modern version of a dinner in an angsty teen drama.

The glass door chimed behind me and the sound of feet hitting the ground could be heard. I didn't need to look up because shadows passed over me. I stared down at my feet and waited for the others to pick where to sit. They all started walking to the left side of the dinner.

Booths were going down the wall where the windows were, then old arcade games on the wall connected to it that lead to another room. That room also had booths lined up all over the walls but unlike the main area, there were tables in the middle. The right of the restaurant didn't have as many. There were one or two booths before it went to the little stand that was used for hostesses.

The guys started walking down the middle to the corner of the main room. The very last booth by the window before they trailed down the wall into the side department. Unlike the other booths, this one was bigger than the others because it was one of those half-circle-shaped ones. It was black and red and had some of the leather on the seat cracked and falling apart.

I was planning on waiting so I could sit at the end but of course, that didn't go to plan. "If you go, Blair, don't want you running away." Zander was grinning as he made a wave of his arm towards the booth.

Not in the mood to argue I rolled my eyes and crawled in. Then it was up to the guys to situate themselves. Zander got in quickly after I did sitting on my left then Kase got in on my right. Trapping me in.

Then Tempest sat next to Kase and Axel and Heath sat next to Zander. Moving me more to the side than the middle of them all. After looking at all of us for a few minutes I decided it might not be that bad sitting in the middle.

It's not because I enjoyed their company but because it was easier being covered by them than it was sitting on the outside like a sore thumb. I shrugged off my backpack placing it in my lap, fearing how dirty the ground was. I considered pulling out my book and reading it or going on my phone and doing god knows what instead of being involved.

I haven't had a proper interaction with human beings other than my dad since freshman year. At this point, it wasn't even me being borderline forced to hang out with them but the inability to be an actual person. So I had no idea what to do.

I finally decided to pull out my phone completely ignoring the guys at the table. Turning on my phone I quickly googled. "How to make a guy dislike you" and scanning it before opening another new tab and searching. "Are you going so far as to google how to make us go away?" Zander asked, sounding extremely bemused about the situation.

I turned off my phone and slammed it against the table before narrowing my eyes at him. "Doesn't seem like you took the hint." He shrugged his shoulders and rested his head against his hand. "I've been told I'm hard-headed."

I turned away from him while muttering under my breath, "That's a nice way of putting it." Kase snorted next to me, clearly hearing what I said. "Excuse me." A feminine voice asked from the other side of the table.

"Ready to order drinks yet." She had blonde hair pulled into a top knot where hair framed her face. The sides of her head were buzzed off making her look like a complete and utterly badass. She had a septum and brown eyes with long eyelashes. Wearing a pair of black pants and a black and red shirt with the dinner's name on the front and her name tag.

"Well lovely to see you too Sam." Heath drawled out. Sam snorted at him before looking up and meeting my gaze. She looked a little bit surprised but it quickly went away. "I'm guessing you all want you usual." She wasn't asking it as a question. It was more as if she already knew but was just checking.