Chapter 4

I made it home and rushed to the shower. Some of the food on me already started to harden.

I gagged and looked at myself in the mirror. I look like a hot mess. My whole face was white and powdery. My body was covered in condiments and food. Flour and newly turned dough were in my hair.

This is going to take forever to get out. I mentally groaned and grabbed my speaker from my room.

I put in my shower Spotify playlist and turned the volume super high. My dad isn't home to get on my ass for it. I got into the shower at Andy Black 'We Don't Have to Dance'

My shower was a normal tub shower with curtains. So me singing and shaking my wet hair wasn't super smart.

Did I do it anyway? Yes, I did. I sand the chorus while rubbing shampoo into my hair. Mildly disgusted with what was coming out.

I'm going to be here a while. I had sung from almost every genre on this playlist so that'll be fun.

I was on my 8th song when I finished washing my body for the third time. The ninth song that played was Avril Lavigne's 'What the Hell.'

Acting like a stupid fuck in the shower I jumped and spun. I'm surprised I didn't fall and crack my head as I deserve.

I even thought I was squeaky clean and didn't have anything else to do. I stayed in the shower until the song ended.

You don't just stop a song when you're at the good part. If you do you're a monster.

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it in my hair. Once that was completed I grabbed another and dried my body. I tied the towel around me.

Once it was secure I headed to my room. No one here and I could walk around in my birthday suit. But I'm not because what's the need?

'Falling Like the Stars' by James Arthur came on. I swayed in my room while I got ready.

I put in underwear but no bra. No need to wear one in my house. I put on a hoodie and short Nike shorts.

I lathered my body in lotion then headed to the living room. I grabbed my tablet and grabbed a few snacks from the kitchen.

I jumped on the couch and got comfortable. Once everything felt right I went to my kindle app and read. Alarm hit me fast.

Shit! I forgot the TV! I hurried to turn the TV to the fireplace setting. I released a breath of air and laid back on the couch.

I had light music playing in the background from my slower song playlist. 'Evermore' from Beauty and the Beast was on.

I was reading the third book of the 'Veil Diaries'. I adored the series so far. Don't really know how I found it. But I'm happy I did.

It's about a girl who can see a ghost. She had to move in with her uncle because her mom beat her up. She meets these 5 guys who basically adopt her. Then all the action and fangirl moments come in. So good.

I was in my back now and I got to a great part. I let out a squeal and dropped my tablet. I started moving my arms and legs frantically, trying to let the fangirl power escape through my body.

Once I took a few calming breaths I grabbed my tablet and started reading again. I was like that for another hour before I heard the door.

Dad came into the house and looked around. The darkened lights, fireplace image, slow music, then me on the couch with a tablet.

"How's the book?" He asked whole setting his stuff down. "Phenomenal," I replied. He's caught me doing weirder things. This is like s relaxation ritual for me.