Chapter 7

I parked my car and got out, locking the door and headed to the Shack. The aroma of teenage despair wafted from the building as if the bricks absorbed the smell. The bell chimed as I walked in letting the team know I was here.

"Look who's early." Robert called out from the cash register. I rolled my eyes and walked to the area to clock in. "How busy has it been?" I asked him. He looked around the empty restaurant and raised an eyebrow. "You tell me."

I smiled and sighed, "I get it." Robert grabbed a towel and threw it over his shoulder. "I'm covering for Tyler tonight, so you're going to be stuck with me for a bit." I rolled my eyes and took his spot at the cash register.

I leaned my elbow on the counter and played with a pen. Sometimes rotating from taking phone calls and online orders. But it was a pretty lax night so i just chilled.

Thirty or so minutes later the chime went off again. I looked up to greet the customer to look at Heath. My smile pulled down to a frown and a judgemental look. "You're thirty minutes late." I told him annoyed.

He looked around the restaurant and gave me a confused look. "Late for what?" He hit his palm against his forehead, "Wow, sorry. I didn't notice how packed you guys were. Damn, let me hurry and help calm this rush." He stated sarcastically and leisurely walked to the counter.

I bit the inside of my cheek and forced my smile. "Thanks for noticing, you can work tables and the phone." he gave me a look, "You're not my boss." He snapped back. Unphased i replied, "Watch Jessica tell you the same thing."

He smiled and i saw a challenge flash in his eyes, "You want to bet on that." I faked a laugh and shook my head, "I don't need to nor do I participate in those activities." I lied, knowing full well that I want to see him wrong and brag about it.

He gave me a look saying he clearly didn't believe me, but i averted looking at his eyes and back at the table. I heard his footsteps disappear into the hallway and took quiet deep breaths.

The bell chimed again and in walked Kase in all his perfectness. What did these women take during their pregnancy? Why are these boys so good looking?

My whole body tensed up and it took all my strength not to drop onto all fours. I smiled and tipped my hat down to cover a good amount of my face. "Hello, welcome to the Shack. What my I do for you?" I asked in my business voice begging to god he doesn't recognize me.

"Actually I'm just waiting for a friend." He told me seeming distracted. He was wearing a dark grey shirt that hugged his muscular but lean frame beautifully and basketball shorts. He was wearing long white nike socks that I wouldn't call white anymore, because they were caked in mud.

So was his legs and shirt. He was sweaty and his hair was messy as if it was blown in every direction. He was sweaty and sagged into his seat that he pulled out.

If my memory is correct he is a soccer star and plays for a really popular and expensive club. He must have just got off of practice and came to see Heath. Feeling sympathy for his drained frame I offered him a water.

I grew some courage once I realized he didn't recognize me. "Yo, would you like a water? Water cups are free?" He looked up from his phone and nodded. "Yes please, I'd love a water." I nodded and grabbed a water cup and filled it up.

I walked over to the table he was sitting at and set the water cup down. I made sure to keep my head down and have the hat cover my face the whole time."Thank you." He grunted before downing the whole cup.

I nodded and walked away while he was drinking it. "Yo Blair! You were right!" Heath shouted while walking out from the hallway. My eyes widened as i tried to walk faster away from Kase.