Chapter 10

I took a big gulp and pulled napkins out of my apron to dry the water. Instinctually I dropped into a crouch and stayed there to dry the table and pick up the cups.

Holy shit, they're here. They're all here. I shouldn't be too surprised, I expected this to happen since Heath started working here. What I didn't expect was to have actually interacted with these people.

Over the noise in the restaurant, I was able to focus on their voices. I thank Heath for being loud for once because it gives me a chance to eavesdrop. "Wow, it's really busy tonight." He said sounding shocked, "I'll be right back, I need to check on someone. See if she's losing her mind already." His voice sounded like he was laughing.

Who was he talking about? Oh lord doesn't let it be me. Let it be some random girl that works here that I haven't been around to see him interact with. I took a deep breath, trying to collect myself. "Wait, are you talking about the girl from last time? The one that gave me water and was jumpy?" Kase asked him.

I dropped back into a crouch and stared at the floor. Why did I give him water again? I tilted my head at the ground as if I was expecting it to answer my thoughts. I'm literally going insane.

"Yeah that one," Heath answered, sounding somewhat distracted. "Wait, the girl covered with flour the last time we came?" Zander exclaimed. "Looks like you guys get along." He told the group. "Uhhh, I wouldn't say that exactly." Heath said nervously, "But I'm working on it." He added hopefully.

"I'm confused," Axel announced sounding a little annoyed. Tempest of course didn't say anything. They kept on talking for a bit, moving away from the entrance. By then I zoned back into my problems.

What the fuck am I going to do. If I keep on wiping the same spot on the table I'm going to catch attention and look mildly crazy. This time I stared at the table expecting some sort of answer. When the table didn't magically come to life and grant me the aid I knew what I had to do.

I needed to put on my big girl panties and just get the whole thing over with. I cracked my neck and grabbed all the used napkins in one hand, and all the cups in my other. I can just leisurely walk to the kitchen, seemingly unbothered by the whole situation. Throw away the napkins and the cups then head back to the counter. Perfect.

Taking one last breath I stood up straight. Then borderline booked it to the kitchen. It might have gotten more attention than a normal brisk walk. But I am a woman on a mission, and that mission is to avoid and deflect.

I turned the corner past the counter leading into the kitchen and burst through the doors. Wide-eyed and panting from my internal dilemma. Ignoring everyone, I threw away the garbage and took some more deep breaths over the trash can. "You okay Blair? Not feeling well?" One of the cooks asked.

I popped my head up and smiled, "I'm fine, thanks for asking. Just need to go to the bathroom really fast. Also, there's a spill at booth 6." I informed them before exiting the kitchen.

The tables go by numbers so we all can distinguish where everything is better. It can be confusing once you start working but you get used to it.

Still smiling I rushed to the bathroom while taking deep controlled breaths. I swung the bathroom door open, hard enough to hit the back wall but that didn't matter.

There were three stalls in the women's restroom and a tiny mirror with two sinks. The bathroom itself was pretty small but good enough. It was like any normal subpar pizza place bathroom. Nothing extraordinary, just a normal communal bathroom.

I hurried into one of the stalls and shut the door. Not caring to lock it I just leaned against it. Trying to suck air into my unsupportive lungs while trying to keep myself from having a panic attack. I counted up from one to five over and over again in my head before I finally composed myself.