Chapter 12

I sat on my bed with my knees tucked under my chin while glaring at my door. The image of Zander winking at me as he left my house was haunting me. His and his friends' faces plagued me, flooding my mind with useless thoughts.

"Kiddo?" my dad called out through the door. "Yes?" I called back. "Are you feeling better?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm feeling better pops," I answered in a chipper voice but added a fake cough in the end just in case. "Okay, well I bought some sandwiches from firehouse subs. Come down when you're hungry."

I heard the faint sound of his feet shuffling before calling out again. "Wait!" I heard the shuffling stop and my dad replied, "Yes?" I tucked my knees further under my chin before telling him sarcastically, "Thanks for the heads up about a stranger coming over to give me unnecessary work. Really gets the blood flowing."

I heard him sigh through the door as I glared at it. As if he had x-ray vision and could somehow see me glaring at him. "I did text you, and it couldn't have been that bad. And it was just working, I know you would have been stressed with the extra work." I pouted and pressed my lips against my knee.

"Well, you forgot I hate people," I grumbled against my knee. "I didn't forget, I just don't care." He called out while walking away from my door. I untucked my face to look at the door in shock. Rude.

I went on my phone for a bit, scrolling through manga's until I felt my stomach growl. After dad mentioned food I knew this would be coming sooner or later. I pushed off my comforter and dragged myself downstairs to welcome the beautiful aroma of food.

My dad got my usual engineer with balsamic vinaigrette and oil. After inhaling the sandwich and making small conversation with my dad about his work I headed back up the stairs.

I cuddled my squish-mellow while re-watching Haikyuu until I fell asleep. The last time I glanced at the clock it read 1 am.

********

The distinctive buzz of my alarm filled my silent room. Groaning, I rolled overturning on my phone to be blinded by the lights of heaven. I closed my eyes in pain while turning off my alarm. I forgot to turn my brightness down. Well, that's one way to wake someone up I guess.

I headed to the bathroom to shower and freshen up before heading back to my room to get dressed. Maybe I should try a little bit today. I thought to myself, I don't know if I woke up in a good mood.

So instead of my usual stained hoodie and sweats, I chose black jeans and a clean hoodie. The jeans were more grey than black from usage and the hoodie was a forest green hoodie with the words, **** off above the right breast. I bought it recently and have only worn it once out so i was feeling myself.

I stomped down the steps with my bag over my shoulder into the kitchen to grab a bagel. I wasn't in the mood to really make anything, let alone try. I took a few bites before putting it back. Losing my appetite.

I think I might head to school earlier today. At this point I know it's unavoidable in running into the guys. And it seems like the more I try, the more difficult my life becomes.

I slipped on my shoes bending the back under my foot for not putting it on properly. I grabbed water from the fridge and took my keys off the wall before heading out to school.

*****

The parking lot was decently empty when I got there easing some of my stress from earlier. I stepped out of my car pulling my hair into a ponytail before pulling my hoodie down farther across my head.

My headphones were already in and I tucked my hands into the pockets of my hoodie while walking in. There wasn't really anything to do. There were a few kids here and there sitting at picnic tables and eating but I did come pretty early.