Chptr. 1

Dave and his wife Anne climbed off the cab they took after descending from the plane and admired their new home. It was beautiful and had everything a millionaire could ask for.

"This, sweetheart, is the place where we will create lots of memories together." Dave said to his wife happily, holding her delicate hand where she showed off her diamond ring.

"I can't wait to start making all those memories with you, my love." Anne said back and pulled her husband into a kiss.

Someone cleared their throat behind them and they turned to see the moving men holding heavy boxes on their strong arms.

"Oh, sorry." Dave said and stepped aside with his wife so the men could bring their stuff inside. "Do you need any help?"

"Yes, please." One of them answered.

"I'll go help these guys. You take a time to admire our home, darling." Dave said, kissing his wife tenderly.

"Will do, my love."

Dave helped to carry and unpack boxes with stuff for their home. Dave was like any average 32 year old married man: he had a beard, he was big in size, not very bulky but not fat either, he dressed in white button shirt with beige pants and black dress shoes.

He was his own boss in his company, and due to diverse problems in past relationships, he had never remarried until now. With Anne he felt happy, and was sure that their relationship would last forever now that they had a new home.

A while later, all the stuff was unpacked and now husband and wife were admiring all the places inside of their new house. They talked about how they were going to decorate it, the right spot to place the furniture, the color the walls were going to be...

"I think yellow is a nice color for the living room, what do you think?" Anne asked her husband.

"Mhmm, I think blue will look better." Dave gave his opinion. "But I'll go for whichever color you like."

"No my love, it has to be a color that we both like."

"Then why not choose green?"

A masculine voice that wasn't Dave's sounded in the hall and they both turned to see a very attractive guy standing by the doors.

He seemed to be in his middle twenties. Tan, muscular and tall, well-defined facial features, as if they had been sculpted by the gods themselves. He wore a white tank top with jeans and shoes that looked like they had been buried in dirt for quite some time.

"I mean, green is the combination of yellow and blue, and it represents the color of nature, perfect for a fresh living room, because who doesn't like to live around nature?" The guy continued. "But that's just my opinion."

Anne gasped excitedly. "I like the idea! Green will look absolutely beautiful!"

Dave eyed the young guy for a second.

"Who are you? And what are you doing in our home?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, where are my manners?" The guy gently smacked himself and walked over to stand near the just-married couple. "My name is Jacob Rivers, and I'm your personal gardener. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He held out his hand to Dave first, showing a nice, toothy grin, and Dave was a little reluctant about shaking it, but he did anyway in a curtly manner.

"Likewise." Dave answered.

"Ooh, I didn't know this house included a gardener! It'll be a pleasure to have you here too." Anne said, shaking Jacob's hand as well.