Chapter 36: Drifting Thoughts

The Puppeteer's POV

I walked outside carrying an obviously exhausted Y/N. I was pleasantly surprised with the experiments on Y/N's power. She already knows how to summon it easily and already has decent control over it. All of that after only one night. Needless to say, I was impressed. I'm pretty sure that Slenderman and EJ feel the same.

I felt movement coming from Y/N. I looked down and saw her shivering. I realized that I hadn't given her time to put her hoodie back on. It was still tied around her waist.

"I'm going to set you down for a minute, ok? Give you the chance to put your hoodie back on." I said in a soft tone.

I saw her nod and took it as an ok to set her down. I set her down and she found her footing. She untied the hoodie from her waist and put it on. Afterwards, I just scooped her back up into my hold earning a surprised squeak from her. I lightly smiled at the adorable sound she just made.

Wait, adorable? Did my mind really come up with that word? I was surprised with my own thoughts. Never in my life had I ever called anything adorable.

While lost in my thoughts, I heard Y/N quietly speak. "Who was that guy who walked in halfway through the experiments?" she asked.

"That would be Eyeless Jack, but a lot of us just call him EJ." I replied. She just hummed quietly letting me know that she heard me.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, I felt Y/N's head rest on my chest. I looked down at her. It looked like she was falling asleep. I took a moment to look at her.

Her hoodie was a bit too big for her. The sleeves were long enough to cover most of her hands only leaving the tips of her fingers exposed. Her hair covered half of her face. Her eyes were closed and her breaths were slow telling me that she was sleeping. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly looking at her. She looked kind of cute like this.

Did I really just use both cute and adorable to describe her tonight? This girl is doing weird things to me. Why am I acting like this? Have I grown attached to her? My thoughts wondered again as I walked through the forest closer to Y/N's apartment.

I finally reached the apartment building without being spotted. I carefully shifted Y/N in my arms so that I would be able to maneuver myself up to her window. I felt her start to stir awake as I moved her. I carefully started to make my way up to her window.

I finally made my way up to her window. I managed to open the window and set her inside before climbing in myself. I picked her back up and set her on her bed. After pulling the blanket over her, I looked back at her for a moment before leaving. I hopped back out the window and started to make my way back home.

I made my way back to the woods. I walked through the forest towards my cabin. I live in a cabin near the mansion. On my way there, I get lost in my thoughts. Thoughts about Y/N.

Have I grown attached to her? I can't seem to get her out of my mind! I thought. All that I knew is that I didn't hate her. I think that I was starting to like her in some way.

I tried to take my mind off of that subject. I brought my mind to what had happened earlier tonight. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. That power she has sure is something. She could do a lot with that kind of power.

My cabin came into view. I saw someone standing outside by the door of my cabin. It was EJ. Why is he here? He rarely ever pays me a visit.

He seemed to spot me as soon as I spotted him. He made his way over to me. Once we were close enough, he immediately started talking. "Hey, that girl you found, I just wanted to know, do you think she could have any other powers? Slenderman and I were talking, and he seemed to sense an immense amount of power that came from her."

I looked at him curiously. "Huh? You think that she could have other powers? An immense amount of power? Didn't she just demonstrate an immense amount of power? You think that there's more?"

"Well, he sure seems to think so. But how could someone so powerful exist? I think he may just be feeling the power she already displayed. It's been a long time since we've seen someone new with any sort of power." EJ said.

"You're probably right. But imagine if he was right and she does hold other powers. Imagine the possibilities." I said. Still thinking about Y/N.

I couldn't get Y/N out of my mind. My thoughts just kept drifting to her. EJ's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"It would be cool to have someone that powerful on our side. No one would dare mess with any of us. If Slenderman would allow it, maybe in the future, I could do some of my own tests with her power. It could help me plan how to best utilize her power when needed." EJ said.

"If you do end up doing anything like that in the future, don't go too far with your tests. Especially if she is still trying to gain control of the power." I said.

"Noted. I'm thinking that the next time she experiments with her power, she should try to find the limits her power has. That way, in the future, she could try to expand the limits of her power. It will also help us see what kind of training would be best to expand her power." EJ said, looking like he was deep in thought.

"From what we've already seen tonight, she has a limit to how much she could use it. Maybe the more she gets used to it, the longer she can use it. Maybe some endurance training would be good, too." I said, also getting deep into thought like EJ. EJ's voice snapped me out of my thoughts once again.

"The next time you bring her to the mansion, I think Slenderman plans to try to bring forth any other powers he thinks she may have. I don't know what he has planned to bring forth those powers. You might want to warn her when you see her next." EJ said.

I nodded. "I will."

"By the way, tell me when you bring her. It was interesting seeing someone with a power like that." EJ said.

"Alright."

"Good. Well, I've got to go. See you later." EJ said, walking away.

After he left, I walked into my cabin. The sun was starting to rise, so light was streaming in through the windows. I sat on the couch and processed all that had happened that night. Not only had Y/N been able to harness the power, but she was gaining more and more control every single time she used it. It was incredible to see.

For some reason, my mind drifted to when I carried her home. I wondered why my mind came up with such words to describe her. Words like 'adorable' and 'cute.' I also wondered why I blushed when looking at her sleeping figure. I wondered if I was getting attached to her.

Considering that I've been seeing her for at least a few weeks now, it shouldn't be too surprising that I have been getting a little attached to the girl. Plus, it's not like she's unbearable. It's interesting that power resides within her. It's cool that she pushes herself to the limit. She proved that tonight.

She's definitely proven that she is strong and willing to fight hard when she needs to. Pushing herself to the point where she could barely move; to the point where she needed to be carried. Thinking about it now, it's not hard to believe that I thought that she was kind of cute. The way her H/C hair covered part of her face. How her head was leaning on my chest. She looked adorable in that oversized hoodie. The way only her fingertips were visible. How she felt comfortable enough with me to fall asleep. I smiled to myself.

I managed to snap myself out of those thoughts. How did my mind conjure up these thoughts? I told myself that I was just tired and my mind wasn't thinking straight. I decided to get some rest. I walked into my room and got comfortable in my bed.

I closed my eyes and just let my thoughts drift. They just seemed to drift to Y/N. I didn't feel like stopping it. Before I knew it, sleep was overtaking me. My dream being about the very girl on my mind.