Chapter 26: Into The Forest

Y/N's POV

The Puppeteer stood there, waiting for me to get up. Was he serious!?! He tells me that a powerful, mythical creature actually exists, and expects me to meet him! Not to mention that I'm in my pajamas right now.

"Do I have no choice?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"No, you don't." he said, a serious look on his face.

I got up and went to the closet. I grabbed a hoodie. I knew it was going to be cold outside. I put it on before walking over to him. I kept my head down as we walked out of my bedroom and up to the window.

"Wait, I don't have to jump out of my window, do I? Can't I just walk out of the building through the door?" I asked, not knowing how I would even be able to make it out of my window and onto the ground below without breaking something.

"Can I trust that you'll actually come and find me after you're out?" he asked, a stern expression on his face.

I nodded. It's not like I'll even have a chance to run away.

He looked at me for a few seconds before speaking. "Meet me at the back of the building." With that, he made his way out of the window. I closed it after he was out.

I put on some shoes and made my way to the door. I walked out of my apartment, closing and locking the door after me. I made my way down to the first door and walked towards the back entrance of the building. I approached the door and took a deep breath. I pushed the door open and walked out.

I walked out and looked around for The Puppeteer. I found him a few feet to my right, waiting for me. I walked over to him and looked up at him. I waited for him to lead the way.

"Do you know about the forest a few blocks away?" he asked.

I nodded, I could see it from my apartment.

"Good, that's where we are going." he said while turning to the direction of our destination.

I was kind of confused, but still quietly followed.

After a few moments of walking, he spoke. "I am going to explain a few things on our way. Please don't interrupt." he said looking back at me.

I nodded, showing that I understood.

"Alright. Something that you should know is that there are other creatures with strange powers and appearances, like me. We are all led by Slenderman. One of our rules is that we aren't allowed to make contact with a human without the intention to kill them soon afterwards. Of course, when I first met you, I was planning on killing you, but didn't."

I almost rolled my eyes at that. I already knew that he would've killed me that night.

He continued. "Once Slenderman found out that I didn't kill a victim and kept visiting them, he planned on just killing you himself. The first static call you received from him, it was a way to signal that your end was near. Sometimes he likes to scare his victims before taking their lives. Obviously, things changed when he saw that you had discovered some powers."

I continued to listen intently.

"I guess he was somehow watching the night you discovered your powers. That night, after I had left, that's when you received another static call, am I correct?" he asked, looking back at me.

I nodded.

"He wants to meet you. He wants to know what you can do. He may also have answers as to why you have your powers." he said.

My eyes widened. I really needed some answers about my powers.

A couple minutes pass and we are at the entrance of the forest. We enter and I immediately start to get a weird feeling. I also start to hear faint static. I look forward and my eyes widen. I see an extremely tall, faceless being dressed in a suit.

The Slenderman.