Chapter 50: Meeting Clockwork

Y/N's POV

"What happened last night?" Alicia asked in curiosity.

"Well, I had to close the cafe. As I was heading out to my car, I noticed that Jeff was waiting for me. I had no idea why, though. So, I walked up to him and asked him what he was doing. He said that he was sent to come get me. Apparently, Slenderman needed to talk to me, so he escorted me to the mansion. When I made it to his office, he asked Jeff to leave, and I was not prepared for what he was about to tell me." I said, looking back at the memory of last night.

"Then what the hell did he say? After the shock of realizing you had powers, I wouldn't think anything would surprise you." Alicia said, obviously anxious.

"Well, right after Jeff left, he pulled out this really old book. He opened it to a certain page. The pages he had me look at were about this 'God of Power' being. Apparently, after the display of power he had seen me do a couple nights ago, he had been convinced that I was this 'God of Power', or, I guess in my case, 'Goddess of Power'. Apparently, this being is born once every millennium or so. He also told me what I had displayed a couple nights ago was called 'a state of ultimate power' or something like that." I said.

By now, we were in the parking lot, just talking in my car. Needless to say, Alicia was shocked and was trying her best to process what I was telling her. After a minute of silence, she spoke up. "What the heck is 'a state of ultimate power'?" she asked.

"It's when the power inside of me increases. While I'm in this state, the limits of the power I was using when I went into the state become basically nonexistent. Or, at least, there are no known limits to my powers while in this state." I said.

"Wow, ok. My best friend is an all powerful being. There's no way my life could get any crazier." Alicia went on, rambling to herself.

After a few seconds, she managed to calm herself. She took a deep breath. "Did anything else happen last night?" she asked.

"Yes. Apparently, he was concerned about others finding out about my powers. He wanted me to move into the mansion. He said that I would have full protection there." I said.

"What!?" Alicia said.

I motioned her to calm down. After a moment, she did. When she did, I spoke up again. "Obviously, I told him that I didn't want to drop everything in my life to live in the mansion. So, he came up with a different plan. The plan included Puppeteer, whom you've already met, and two others that I didn't know at the time. Their names being BEN and Clockwork. Apparently, they have to keep an eye on me. If they see anything suspicious, they would report it to Slenderman. They each have a shift to look after me. In fact..." I pulled out my phone. "You want to say hi, BEN?"

His face showed up on the screen and his voice came through. "Hey, I'm BEN. I'll be the one to keep an eye on her while she's in class."

He didn't say anything more. His face disappeared from the screen. I looked over at Alicia. It was clear that she was having trouble trying to process all of this.

"BEN can manipulate electronics. I guess that's why he's looking out for me during class." I said.

I checked the time and realized that we had to head inside right away to make it to class on time. "Alicia, I know that you're probably shocked and stressed out right now, but we really need to get to class." I said as I dragged her inside.

We made it to class with a few seconds to spare. I let out a sigh of relief as I sat down and class started.

After my classes, I walked out to my car, got in, and waited for Alicia to come out. I pulled out my phone. "Hey BEN, did you catch anything concerning today?" I spoke out.