Chapter 15: How Am I Different?

Y/N's POV

There were a few seconds of silence before The Puppeteer decided to speak. "Something about you is different. I just don't know what it is yet, but I intend to find out."

Something different about...me? Why would he think that?

"Different? I'm no different than anybody else. Why do you think that I'm different?" I asked.

He responded. "I have this feeling... that something about you is different. There is something about you that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is."

That response didn't answer any of my questions. I never thought of myself as different. I started to get lost in my thoughts.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts. I looked up to find him standing closer to me. I immediately took a step back. But he just took another step forward. I kept stepping back but he kept stepping forward.

Eventually, I had backed up into a wall. We were very close to each other. I looked down and blushed. I had never had a guy stand this close to me.

He grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. He looked like he was examining me. I just stared up at him. It's not like I could do anything else.

We stood there for what felt like forever. He eventually backed up. He looked at me for a few more seconds. Without a word, he left through the window. What was that all about?

I stood there for a little bit, confused. Eventually, I decided I should go back to bed. I hoped I would be able to get a couple more hours of sleep before I had to get up again for class. I eventually dozed off into sleep again.

I woke up to my alarm at 8AM. I turned it off and got out of bed. My classes that day didn't start until 10AM, so I had plenty of time to get ready. I put on some blue jeans and a F/C shirt. By the time I was done, it was only 8:20AM, so I decided to make myself some breakfast.

I was cooking my food, hearing the sizzle of my eggs on the pan when I decided to turn on the news for some entertainment while I was eating. I flipped my eggs and heard that satisfying sizzle. I grabbed a plate and a fork. I flipped the eggs onto my plate and made my way over to the couch. On the TV the weatherman was finishing talking about the forecast.

I sat down and watched the news. Nothing has happened recently. There haven't been any new murders which is good, people I knew were starting to freak out. I guess that the 'Puppeteer' guy was the one committing all of the murders. Why was I so special to him?

I finished my breakfast and checked the time. 9:10AM, I still had some time. I decided to check to see if there was any school work that had to be finished. Looks like I had everything I needed done. So I decided that I should just go to class early.

I made it to the school and checked the time. 9:35AM, I'm almost never this early. I walked into the classroom and saw that only 1 other student was here. I just made my way to my usual spot and put in my earbuds and waited for Alicia to come. I wonder what today will bring...