Chapter 22

"Urghh..." A soft grunt could be heard in the air. Miya slowly opened her eyelids to meet with the dim sunlight sneaking in from the small gap of the curtains. She blinked for a few times, unused to the sudden rush of light.

For the first time in a moment, everything was calm. No pressure or tense in the air. Just a soothing emptiness that she hadn't felt for so long she can't even count. For just a moment, Miya would like to imagine that this is a dream turning reality, where she could at least laid down without worrying about tomorrow. Where she doesn't have to wake up anymore.

She breathe out, adapting with the soft atmosphere, and close her eyes back to dreamland. But just as she was about to take in what she believe wasn't real, reality hits like a truck coming in 150mph.

"Good morning!" A warm voice greet as he opened the door like a swirling tornado, and held it strongly before it slammed on the wall. Miya went wide awake, and sat down looking at her right direction. "The f-" Her tongue was ready to let out some not-so-good words, but was stopped halfway once she saw who the hell dares to interrupt her beautiful sleep.

The demon hunter is here.

Alucard, coming with a tray of familiar meals, went straight towards a small, wooden table beside Miya's bed. Miya watched his every step until they were only less than a meter away. Alucard pointed at the food. "Your breakfast, m'lady," and pretended to bow.

Miya was a bit dumbfounded by everything; those calm atmosphere was now filled with voices. Even if it's only his voice. "Wait, what's going on? Why are you bowing to me? Where am I right now?" Finally she realized her needs to shower some questions, rather than continuing to sleep nonetheless.

Alucard replied with an unexpected, confused face. He already took off his heavy, demon hunter coat and was only wearing a dark blue shirt with its zipper being pulled down to expose his collarbone. He had a fingerless and  tight, black glove on his right hand; while still having his demonic arm on his left. "What do you mean by that? Don't you remember?"

They both exchanged confused faces. Alucard then put the tray of food on the small table beside Miya before taking a deep breath. He sat at the end of the bed, focusing on Miya. "So, the story was pretty simple. It was a calm morning, we were all having breakfast and suddenly our village was shocked by a sudden news. Wanna know what the news was?"

Miya nodded, somehow feeling a bit off. Alucard gave a small grin and continued, "Well, you m'lady, was said to venture out of the Moonlit Forest and fell upon a bush of roses. Your right arm got pricked by the thorn and were bleeding. Shocked, you went unconscious. And as a hero I am, I rescued you from the forest, *cough* bridal style, *cough*, and brought you here. That's it. How could you forget?" He explained dramatically.

Alucard's tried to look serious, but his grin kept slipping in. Miya looked even more confused. "Our village? But...you're not an elf." She said, still can't figure out anything wrong yet. "Of course." He replied calmly, not budging from his seat. They both looked at each other in the eyes for a while, before Miya finally taking in the reality. She glared at Alucard as his grin turned wider and wider, and a giggle finally  slipped out in the end.

"Curse you!" Miya punched Alucard's shoulder with her right knuckle, and he just laughed it off. Miya then pouted while continuing to glare at him. "That's a good punch. Feeling better, huh?" Alucard smiled warmly at her. Miya didn't want to look at him anymore. She can't believe that Alucard had tricked her twice. TWICE.

"Yeah. Whatever," she only let a few words slipped in a low tone, but that's enough to assure Alucard. "That's relieving to hear. You've been sleeping for like, three days. Not counting today," he said, and Miya's eyes widened. "Three days? Was my injury that bad?" She asked.