Chapter 3

"Let's go for a walk!"

Miya smiled sadly. "Not now, Nana. Let's just...take a rest," Miya said while Nana, a cute little Leonin, is following her from behind. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked, worried. Miya just smiled reassuringly. "Of course. I'm just tired after all that chasing," she answered.

"Oh well, then, let's sleep somewhere here for tonight! Then we can continue walking tomorrow!" Nana said to Miya, and Miya just looked around while smiling. "Yeah, a sleep sounds good."

After a thrilling chase a few hours ago, Miya had retreated outside Moniyan Empire's gates, straight to the forest beyond Moniyan Plains. She met up back with Nana, a little Leonin that been traveling with her as an apprentice. Before, she told Nana to stay at the forest, for her own safety. And she obeyed.

"I would really like to know what you see back there! I've never been inside that gate before," Nana exclaimed, trying to catch up after Miya. The moonlight shone above them, guiding them through a small path inside the dark forest. "Nothing more than I expected," Miya calmly answered, retrieving everything she had experienced while stepping foot inside one of the biggest city in Land of Dawn.

Just then, the memory of the handsome demon hunter whom endlessly tried to stop her came across her mind-

Hold on, HOLD on, since when does Miya thought he was...handsome? Okay, CORRECTION.

Just then, the memory of the demon hunter who chased her endlessly came across her mind. The pain in his eyes that he hold for so long, maybe longer than hers. She almost trust him, almost...but he was no different than other Humans. Liar. Sly.

And she retreated for a reason, which wasn't him. It's because of the Leonin, whom she heard village had been attacked by a mysterious attackers. She came with various possibilities then. What if...the demon hunter is the one that saved him? She shrugged the thought off. Miya doesn't want to be so sure, and until then, she'll kept it a secret from Nana.

After scouting for a safe and comfortable tree to sleep, Miya and Nana finally picked a tree with a large branch, as large as a small balcony. Well, this forest beyond Moniyan Plains had trees with unique sizes and shapes, which remind her a lot to her home that she had leave a few months ago.

Miya lit up an oil lamp, and put it beside their things. Her bow reflected the burning fire inside the glass, the light spreading wider. Some would thought that this act is dangerous especially sleeping outdoors with no certainty of your surroundings. But Miya thought otherwise; staying in light let you see anything easier.

"What are we going to do now?" asked Nana after sitting quietly for a while, Molina squirming in her arms. Miya lean in beside the tree trunk, legs crossed, and looked at the moon. "You say so yourself. Go to sleep," she said, and looked back at Nana. Nana just sighed. "But it's still early! And I'm not sleepy yet," she said, truly full of energy. Miya smiled, and shook her head. "Just do what you want to do then," she said, and Nana went up to her.

"I want to do what you told me to do!" She said, eyes bubbling. Miya sighed, "Well you can go pick some food to eat. If you don't mind-" before Miya had time to finish, Nana already stood up eagerly. "I don't! Now Molina, let's go pick some food for Miya," she said, and while Moline went inside her backpack, she took her giant boomerang.

But before she could departed, Miya's sharp hearing caught a sound of bushes moving. "Nana!" She called as quietly as possible. Nana turned around, about to answer loudly, before Miya put her finger on her lips and told her to come beside her. While preparing her weapon, Nana creeped up beside her, hiding behind Miya. "What is it?" she asked, almost like a whisper.