Chapter 44

With hurried footsteps, Miya and Alucard immediately left the room and follow the sound of the cry. They stopped at a balcony where they can watch things from afar. Another bad things had came.

"The Abyssal Prince has arrived!"

From a distance away, followed with dark clouds, an army of demons, orcs and other monsters alike came marching in an almost uncountable amount. Their line-ups stretched so far away even as they've already reached the gate of the Moniyan castle. Even to a skilled warrior, this would be the greatest terror out of all the one that came before.

Miya squint her eyes. She could make out a group of frontliners that stood out from the rest. One in particular even came while riding on an open palanquin. "That one must be the Abyssal Prince," Miya thought to herself. There's no way anyone beside a royal would come into war carried by their people on a palanquin.

"I need to go," Alucard suddenly broke the silence. Miya turned to him and they both face each other. A certain concern can be seen on Miya's face. "You should see what you can do with the crystal. It'll be better if we can block the rest out from the castle grounds," he continued. Miya bit her lip. She felt the strong urge to join the fight, but after rethinking it, she immediately nods her head.

"I'll see what I can do."

Alucard smiled at her. Without any further words, he turned on his heels and quickly left. Miya clenched her fists, and gripped the Turonia ornament tight between her fingers. She glanced at the upcoming Abyssal army and swiftly went back into the crystal room. After inspecting the crystal thoroughly, Miya showed a visible frustration. "Dang it. I have to start from scratch again."

~ ~ ~

A scarlet orb emerged from on top of the castle. Slowly, it began shaping itself into a humanly form. "Heh. Even though I got attacked, it's still worth it." Alice gently tapped on the place where she got wounded by Miya earlier, which had completely healed thanks to her own power. She then looked upon the marching Abyssal army that are making their way into the castle ground.

"The Moniyan will be destroyed to ashes this time," Alice let out a condescending chuckle and disappear into thin air.

Meanwhile, the so-called Abyssal Prince had already reached the castle gate. He was sitting so nonchalantly on the palanquin, as if he was an invited guest to a royal banquet. He even yawned seeing the castle's exterior. "So boring. Can't we start attacking already?" Dyrroth who had been sitting on the palanquin for hours groaned. He stretched his stiff body after sitting for so long.

"Just stick to the plan and don't do anything reckless," Thamuz who walked by his side spoke, his pair of lava sickles are held tightly in his arms. Dyrroth roller his eyes and can only comply, else he would never get out of the Abyssal Ruler's punishment alive.

Behind them were an army of Orcs, led by Balmond. Unlike Dyrroth who act as if these were all child's play; or Thamuz who remain his calm composure until this very moment; Balmond seems to be really serious. "I will not repeat the same mistake twice." He convinced himself, remembering how he once got shot on the leg by an arrow due to him not being serious enough.

Alucard ran towards the castle's main entrance and regrouped with Granger, Harith, Fanny and Tigreal. Each of them were inspecting the Abyssal army carefully, as if drawing out a plan inside their head. "There's too many of them..." Harith muttered under his breath, actually puzzled for the first. He pursed his lips and glanced at the rest around him.

"What are your plan, Tigreal?" Without even addressing him with his title, Granger asked Tigreal. Tigreal let out a subtle sigh. "Let us not deploy the regiments all at once. I will lead the First Regiment and drive them out of the castle ground. Prepare the Second Regiment and after my signal, led them out," he gave out a firm order. Granger didn't reply with either words or body language. He simply stares at the waves of enemies in fronf of him.