Chapter 15

Trapped in a world where reality and dreams can't be differentiate, Alucard was fighting with his old self again. If you were in his place, would you choose to follow your parents or ask them questions that will only make them questioned you back?

Alucard lost count of the time, but he's pretty sure he had just been in that world for a moment of time. He remembered this place very well, it was where his childhood grew; before it was ended somewhere else, by someone else. Alucard went drifting to the thought that maybe he had craved on being in his parents' arms again, and his mind granted his wish by sending him to this lucid dream.

After waking up on the grass in the open field, the first thing Alucard noticed was the tall tower of the Lightborn Castle, illuminating in the bright sunlight. Nothing changed from his memories, and the surrounding were no exceptions. Some farmers passed by him and waved their hands, but Alucard was too shocked to move a muscle.

He just sat there, bathe in the sunlight, and realizes that he's not wearing his demon hunter's coat. Instead, he wore a long sleeve, dark blue shirt that he wore under his demon hunter's coat. For the first time ever, he felt so light and empty, as if all the troubles that had been binding him was gone. He somehow blamed the coat he had been wearing, but soon that thought vanished.

He laid himself back to the grass, taking his time to relax. From what he remembered, he had never got a chance to take a long breath. He had been travelling across Land of Dawn for years now, and mostly came back to the Lightborn Capital on New Year's Eve. It was all because he tried to avoid this one person, that he hasn't forgive yet; even though he said he had.

"If only I could stay like this forever..." Alucard exhaled softly, mumbling to himself. He used to lay here in his childhood, for he loved to practice swordsmanship outside with fresh air. Then when he sweated himself out and unable to catch a breath, he will throw himself to the ground and laugh by himself.

'How fast time flew by...I'm nearing my 20 now,' he thought by himself. It was a landscape of a small hill, and below it was a narrow, grubbled pathway where farmers and pedestrians who lived across the border use to get to into Lightborn Capital. They doesn't have an access to the floating cars, so sometimes they walked or use carriages instead.

An old man on a wooden carriage walked on the pathway and saw Alucard taking a nap by the small hill. The old man slowed his carriage and whispered to someone inside, "Mary, isn't that him?" Suddenly, a white girl with freckles and a curly hair tied in a bun peeked outside of the small window. "Where?"

The old man gestured towards Alucard's figure on the upper side of the hill. The girl named Mary seems excited and asked to be dropped down. "How about your mother? She's going to chase me out of the house again if we're late," the old man replied, but Mary was already outside the carriage.

"Just a minute, father. Mom will understand," Mary lifted her gown and with her newly bought shoes, hiked the hill and tried to get closer to Alucard. She had always liked him for two things; Alucard had once encourage her to continue pursuing her dream as a tailor, and he's heavenly good-looking.

What Mary didn't expect is, Alucard knew she was there already. He could hear her exciting footsteps down the hill, but he continue to pretend as if he's asleep anyway. Although he can't distinguish who's coming, he knew she was no threat so there's nothing for him to worry about.

"U-Um, hey...there..." Mary softly approached him, keeping her distance as to not make him awake. She was worried if Alucard saw some strange girl nearing her without warning and Alucard might misunderstood her meaning. Yes, Mary had only come to see him again, for she had craved for that ever since he talked to her once.