Chapter 23

"This is a madness!" Outraged, Queen Alice burst out in an explosion of blood magic, cracking the ground beneath her.

Estimately, an hour had passed since Thamuz knocked on Alice's door to tell about Dyrroth's sudden inexistence. Alice thought he might be joking, but soon realized that if there's someone who can be unbelievably bad at making an actual good humor, it would be the Lord of Lava.

Ever since then, Alice was unable to sit nor stand straight. She knew how mischievous that boy could be, but she never expected him to do something beyond the line; he didn't even INFORM her. Just as powerful as Alice is becoming to be, she is still very loyal to the Abyssal Ruler and is terrified of being questioned by him.

In fact, if Alice could undo her whole meeting with the Abyssal Ruler in the first place, she would. But she couldn't. Even if she turn back time, she would still grasp into the abyssal power that let her survived until this day. No, that's not the issue right now. She needs to find Dyrroth and made him commit a punishment for his sin to the abyss.

"Was he trying to run? No, he can't run. After everything I did to him, he couldn't have just run away," Alice was biting her nails, wandering around her room. "Plus, where would he go? Back to the Moniyan? Tch." She despised that thought. Dyrroth had never been told about his true origin; Alice had done the biggest part to manipulate him into believing that he was born into the darkness and will always be for the darkness.

Alice bites her nails even harder, and when she heard a crack, she stopped. "Can't harm my beautiful nails, though," she said to herself. Finally, she made a decision to talk about this matter to Thamuz. Since he's the last one to see Dyrroth, he probably could help traced him down. Alice needs to make sure that Dyrroth returns as fast as possible, at least before the Abyssal Ruler meddled in.

She carefully cut the edge of her finger using her sharp nail and drips her crimson blood on a swirling carving in the middle of the room. A small circle lights up in her blood colour, as it then appears as an orb that slowly floats and swirl to create a massive portal just fit enough for her to enter. With her destination in mind, she gracefully steps into the portal and reached Thamuz's and Dyrroth's training room within a second.

Thamuz was seen to be fixing a statue of an orc in a scaly armor, with a line of lave flowing through it. It's head had been severely cut and Thamuz desperately tried to find a way to make it as one again. Alice was a bit taken aback by his action, as she believed the job of fixing statues belong to the Orcs. And he's a fricking Lord.

"What are you doing?" She asked, as if somehow annoyed by seeing the Lord of Lava doing a lowlife's job. Thamuz pretended as if he didn't hear her, and continue to combine the severe head of the statue to its body by smelting the end of the head using his bare hands. "Lord Thamuz? Are you listening to me?" A genuine annoyance started to slip in.

Upon managing to put the head back to its original position, Thamuz carefully pour a liquid of lave inside a small hole on top of the head, letting the flow of lava to be connected to the one in the body. He checked the statue once again, and let his hands clear up the dust around the statue. Alice meanwhile, had veins pulsing brightly on her forehead.

"Don't make me repeat, Lord Thamuz. We need to talk about that asshole student of yours. Where did he chicken himself to?" her voice sounded tense; if Thamuz wasn't anyone important for the war, she would've suck the life out of him for her to live another millenium. Thamuz then calmly replied, "If I know where that brathead is, I would've just went after him and engraved him on a bedrock for a whole month. Maybe just turn him into another one of these statue."

He turned around to face Alice, the line of lava on his body scorching hot. Thamuz had this corrupted faceline that made him look terrifyingly mad all the time, and plus with his unusual deep and demonic voice, anyone could've thought he is angry for every single reason. He's not, actually. Living under the same roof for like, I don't know, 4 centuries perhaps; Alice knew quite well that he has a much longer temper than she does.