Chapter 9

"Where there is light, there is darkness."

The last thing she had ever said to the Moon Elf. She thought she could win, but in the end, she will always be defeated. No matter how strong the darkness, or the Abyss have been; the light will always find a way to win. She gritted her teeth in anger, hands pressing on the deep wound on her stomach. 'I can't believe I lost! To him!' She screamed inside her head.

Alice had lived for so long, long enough to see beyond the world's beauty and wonders. Beyond anyone's expectation, is a nightmare; a nightmare caused by darkness that lived for revenge after thousand years of defeat. Everytime they stood up back from their graves, they will find themselves inside the ground again, and the cycle keep moving on.

But Alice had always been perfect. Living her almost-endless life by killing innocents, and drained their life force for her own. Being a Blood Demon is hard at times, but worth the power. She had made lots of rivals; but the more she gained, the more she enjoyed it. Other than feeling angry for losing everytime, she found pleasure in this cycle as she can continue hurting others in her will.

That's it, when she met Estes.

Someone she regretted meeting. Someone she hated until this very day. Because no one, until him, had ever defeat her that her heart carved a deep, bloody revenge. After she retreated to the South, she founds out that Estes had also suffered from her attacks. 'Deserve you right.' Because of losing too much magic power during the war against Alice, Estes surrendered to a very deep sleep at the hidden place of the Enchanted Forest.

As Alice was losing hope, the darkness gave her one more chance. The Abyssal Ruler had thirsts for more creatures to believe in him and to serve him under his legacy. His dark magic slowly spread through the mountains until the South where Alice retreated and rested for years. Realising this familiar power, she grasp it once it's within her reach, and it helped her to heal herself. Though she aren't as powerful as she was before.

Blinding people with her tricks is one of Alice's skills, that of course, she failed to use on Estes. Instead, she tends to use on the Abyssal Ruler; but sensing her weaknesses by the moment, she changed her mind. She went to the source of the power that she grasp, and found the Abyssal Ruler. He recognized Alice immediately, by her failure against the Moon Elves' king.

At first, she wished to serve the Abyssal Ruler after realising she can't possibly do anything against him. Unexpectedly, once she met eyes with eyes with the Abyssal Ruler, she could felt the power beneath the shadow of his skin. Alice sensed that this darkness standing before her, had lived way back longer before she was even born. Due to that, she finally pledged her royalty to the Abyss and served under his legacy as he wished.

Hundred of years passed, and Alice ordered the Orcs she had once possessed to attack the Moon Elves in the Moonlit Forest. Not expecting the attacks, hundreds of the peaceful elves fell under her hands again, better now that Estes was still in his sleep. Once she broke to every edge of the forest, she realised she had never step foot at the Lunar Temple. 'Maybe that is the source of their power,' she once thought.

When she expected a victory on her side this time, she was again shocked by a raising hero of the Moon Elves. A brave, female elf; lead her kind to defeat their enemies and make their stand forever in their land. Alice didn't have a detailed information about this Moon Elf, but it's definitely has nothing to do with Estes. She asked a few Orcs that managed to return, and they couldn't be sure themselves. What they knew is, this new hero uses a magical bow against them.

Alice was full with thoughts. But one of the thought she believes the most is the fact that maybe, somehow the Lunar Temple had something to do with this. But now that she knew better, she felt stronger. She had a plan to invade the Moon Elves again, but she had to wait a while and regained her troops back. Until then, she shall continue healing and hoping that she will gain her full potential, and carved darkness' victory forever.