Chapter 6

"I only fight for myself, no one else."

     Fanny raised one eyebrow. "You're really bad at lying, Granger," she teased him. "If you only fight for yourself, none of us would be here," she said again. Natalia jist grinned while shaking her head, Granger sighing quietly.

     After Granger told them about Alucard's and Harith's whereabouts, he decided to go there using a floating car. Since all of them rarely use the transportation (or never, in Belerick's condition), the small area inside the car cause an even more awkward situation among them. Finally, to save herself from dying, Fanny started a conversation.

     "So, I've been pretty curious about this. You said Alucard ran away to follow an elf?" She asked. Natalia, arms folded, focused on Granger along with Fanny. Belerick, on the other hand, is half listening while eyes outside the window. "A female elf, to be exact. I only saw her for some moments, but from what I could recall; she had white hair tied in a ponytail and a blue-colored attire. Talking about her attire, I guess she must've come from somewhere around Moonlit Forest," Granger explained, and both the girls just nodded.

     "Did she wield any weapon too? Or perhaps you know why she came to Lightborn Capital?" asked Natalia next. "She's an elf, and from what I know, elves either uses magic or long-range weapons. Might be because they have really good visions," Fanny was the one who answered, and Natalia just rolled her eyes. Granger then spoke, "She brought a bow with her. A magical bow, I mean. For the reason why she went there yesterday, I have no exact idea."

     Fanny hold her chin, thinking. Usually, creatures from Moonlit Forest or the Enchanted Forest don't blend in with other society. They kept their own lives with their kind, and don't bother about what's going on with the outer world to keep their peace. The truth is, Fanny had never seen an elf from the Moonlit Forest or the Enchanted Forest either. She had no guts to enter both too; since creatures that lived there could be a bit sensitive about things out of their daily experiences. Well, at least not yet.

     "This is just my opinion, but, perhaps it has something to do with the attacks from Humans and Orcs against them," Granger responded, catching Fanny's attention. "Yeah, I've heard about the attacks too. I'm not sure about it either, but they mentioned a hero that saved the Moon Elves from the enemies," Fanny continued.

     Natalia's brows furrowed. "The hero," out of the blue Belerick spoke, making Fanny jolted. "I think I'm familiar with it. The Moon Gods blessed her; and they won in a single fight without losing anyone in the war, except for those who died in the attacks before it." Belerick answered, and the rest just nodded. "Wait, did you say 'her' just now?" Natalia came to realize, and Fanny snapped her finger.

     "Yeah! Are you saying that their hero is a female?" asked Fanny. Belerick thought for a while, then answered, "Yes. That's what I heard and believe." Upon hearing this, Granger's thought spin off in a circle; starting from the incident back in Lightborn Capital, until the very moment he heard Belerick's words. "So it's a possibility," he said in a low voice, catching all their attention.

     Granger looked up, arms crossed. "Do you remember that female elf I mentioned before? We stated that she might came from the Moonlit Forest, and that open up a higher chance for her to become a Moon Elf as well," Granger explained. For a while, they were confused. Then Fanny suddenly lighted up, understanding Granger's explanation. "Of course! You said she wield a bow, a magical bow to be exact; which might be blessed with the Moon Gods just like what Belerick said," Fanny continued, and Granger nodded.

     "So in conclusion, she might be the Moon Elf, whom blessed by the Moon Gods, that saved her entire kind?" Natalia completed their sentences, and Fanny just patted her thigh. "That means this female elf Alucard's following is the Moon Elves' hero! Wow, we're a good team!" She said excitedly. Even though Granger held his collar up to cover half his face, you can still feel him smiling in great satisfaction.