1||

October 15th, 2014

I paced around my room trying to calm myself down and wrap my mind on what I had just experienced. I stopped in my foot steps and glancing over at the pink-white box that rested on the bed. It read pregnancy test. I took a seat at the edge of my bed holding onto the positive test in my hand. Then I thought to myself, how am I going to tell Jamison? He'll kill me, then kill Ryder. I was left with no other choice than to pick up my phone and dialing up Londyn's number. The ringing of the line made me hyperventilate even more then I was in that moment, then there was a voice of relief, "Hello?"

I grew shaky with my words, but tried to remain calm as possible, "Londyn. Can we talk please? It's urgent."

I could hear the worry with in her voice increase, "Yeah. Meet me at Pete's Cafe in four minutes."

Before I could say anything else the line went dead. I tossed the phone on my bed, going straight over to the closet putting on my black leggings, my brother's old hockey jacket, and my black UGGs. I stormed out of my room then froze, a lump in my throat began to form. Ryder then turned making eye contact with me, I tried to shift my glaze away from him, saying "Where's Jamison?"

"Restroom, why?"

"Just tell him I'm going to the coffee shop around the corner on 83rd." I reached over to grab the keys that laid in the bowl by the front door, but Ryder placed his hand gently on mine stopping me from gripping them. His touch sent chills up and down my spine, I let out a sigh slowly shutting my eyes softly, "Ryder, please don't."

"Mayla... Can we talk about what happened? You know about the other week..."

God, did I wish he wouldn't have brought that up right now. I slowly shifted my weight to face him, "You told me never to bring it up and to just ignore it. So, I'm sticking to your word and leaving it alone."

He took a step closer to me, closing the gap between us both, "But May-" I cut him off because I really didn't want to hear that lame ass excuse come out of his mouth.

"Ryder, maybe later because right now I'm late on meeting Londyn and it's just not a good time." I sighed feeling the heat radiate off his body from the closeness. I glanced up at him a peered down at his soft pink lips, but before anything got out of hand I snatched the keys and slamming the door directly behind me. I leaned up against the door sighing, I could feel Ryder put his weight against the door on the other side. A cold tear then ran down my soft pale cheek, but I wiped it away because I shouldn't let it affect me, not like this. I had bigger problems to deal with right now. I glanced down at the ground pushing away my thoughts as I walked out to my car.

***

The coffee shop was like a ghost town, it was only me, some old lady in the corner booth scanning over some newspaper that was out of date, and some tech guy on his laptop by the espresso machine. The waiter kept stopping asking if I needed anything, but I would always kindly decline. I just sat there tapping my fingers against the table like I was some crazy person tripping out on something, when really I was freaking out. Then a ding rang in the air, I shot up seeing Londyn coming through the double doors and sprinting over to me, "What is so urgent at 11 o'clock at night, Mayla?"

I twirled my thumbs under the table, "Ryder." I never thought I would hear that name escape my lips.

"What about Ryder? Mayla, you are not making any sense right now, just spit it out already." She pinched her lips together, staring wide eyed at me.

"Well, something might have happened three weeks ago. It was on a Friday, Ashton just dumped me out of nowhere to date that skank Syia. I was so heartbroken about it because I really did love him. So, I wanted to stay home and eat ice cream till I puked out my guts. Then, I wanted someone to talk to, but Jamison was his booty call's house and you were out of town with your side piece. So, I was left with no choice then to call up Ryder."