12|| 10 years later

The Alarm started to buzz throughout the cramped-up room, I rolled over trying to reach for it but couldn't find it. I sat up scratching my hair looking around to find it laying on the floor. I swung my feet over the side of my bed picking it up placing it up right on the side table. Trying to stand up from being completely weak kneed, I've been on my feet all night at the hospital working last night and haven't got the best of sleep. I put on my red fluffy robe and tied it around my waist making my way out to the kitchen to make myself a night cup of coffee. But when I entered the kitchen I saw a table for two already made with bacon, eggs, pancakes, toast, and a night hot cup of coffee. Then I felt a pair of two soft lips kiss my neck, I smiled "You did all of this?"

I turned to make eye contact with Ryder, "I thought, you might need it, you've been working a lot of doubles lately. So, I tried to help out."

"You are so sweet." I pecked his lips quickly, once I pulled away I noticed the house was silent. Which was odd in our house. "Where's Greyson and Xena?"

He smiled, "It's Wednesday, so they are at school. So, it is just me and you today." Ryder gave me a soft kiss on the cheek making his way down my neck.

"I'd love this, but Ryder we just can't drop everything and be teenagers again. I wish it was simple, but it's not." I walked to the table taking a seat as I began to make my plate.

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Peachy."

He rolled his eyes sitting across from me, "Look, I did all of this so I could talk to you without you being stressed out with work."

"Talk about what?" I sipped on my coffee.

"To talk about two things actually. One, we are having dinner with my mom and her new boyfriend next week. Plus, Greyson's second surgery."

I placed my fork back down on my plate, "We are not speaking of that right now. He is perfectly healthy, he'll be fine."

"His doctor said now or never. He'll never be able to do athletic activities, Mayla. He needs the surgery."

"Say we did. It won't change anything, Greyson will still be scared. He can't even participate in P.E." I stood up grabbing some creamer.

Ryder rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, "And He is being picked on for being the weakling. He told me this, Greyson said he wants this, Mayla. Don't do it for me, do it for our son."

I cleared my throat slowly turning around leaning up against the counter, "I guess you're right. It's time. I can't keep delaying this, it's making our son miserable." My eyes got watery just thinking about it.

He wrapped his arms around me, "I love you and I know that we're making the right decision here." Ryder kissed my forehead gently, "But let's finish breakfast and worry about this when he gets home. Okay?"

"Okay, I'm going out to see Londyn later. She wants to go to the mall, maybe you and Jai would like to hang out." I sat back down wiping my cheeks with the napkin.

"Uh, when he's watching Chandler?"

I let out a small giggle, "Chandler goes to the babysitter down the street for his homeschooling, plus the hockey game is on. I just put some new beer in the back fridge plus some snack platters. Just enjoy yourselves, okay?"

"You really are the best."

"I try."

****

I picked up this beautiful purple blouse up from the rack, it was silky but just too much for me, I looked up at Londyn. "So, how are things at your house?"