2|| 12 weeks

My typical Sunday's are just lounging on the couch with my blue fuzzy blanket and a bowl of popcorn by my side as I watched good old fashion television. Usually at ten o'clock at night Jamison is out with Ryder and a few more pot heads doing god knows what. Then Londyn is usually cooped up at home with family doing homework, so Sunday's were always my days. Then just like that thing 1 and thing 2 barged through the front door drunk off their asses. I peeked over the sofa rolling my eyes, "Really! Why can't you both go out on Fridays or Saturdays like normal people?!"

"That's no fun." My brother exclaimed placing a bag on the kitchen counter.

I pushed myself off the comfortable couch turning to catch glances with Ryder standing next to him, but Ryder wasn't drunk at all just my brother at the time. When usually it's the other way around. "But your hangover in the morning is so much fun!?"

Jamison shook his head chuckling, "No, but I had fun. Anyways Ashton said Hey."

I froze in my foot steps to go towards them, blinking rapidly, "W-what?"

"Ashton? He said Hey, wants to talk to you sometime soon." I felt my heart sink to my stomach, I didn't feel so well after that comment. I held my stomach then my mouth running to the kitchen sink throwing up popcorn and green tea. I couldn't help but feel tears run down my cheek as I heard him say, "Was it something I said?" But I didn't answer him, I just wanted to throw up more. I don't know if it was the baby or his words, but something wasn't sitting right on my stomach.

I then heard Ryder finally speak, "Come on Jai, let's get you to bed. We have practice tomorrow morning." My head was just dangling in the sink as he escorted my brother to his room, after a while I lifted my head out taking in a huge sigh, but was startled by Ryder's voice creeping up behind me, "Can we please talk?"

I grabbed a hand towel wiping my mouth turning to face him resting my back against the kitchen counter, "About what? What could you possibly say to me right now Ryder, huh?" That conversation the other night still ringing in my mind.

"I know your pregnant." Oh, dear lord, hearing that made me want to throw up more and become light headed.

I then cleared my throat, "Oh, you do." My gaze hit the floor, "Is that it?"

I heard a sarcastic chuckle escape his lips, "Is that it? Really Mayla. That's all you're going to say to me. Not, I meant to tell you about this. Not, it's your baby. Nothing, just is that it." I could tell his was a tad disappointed on my feedback, but what do you want me to say, I'm afraid. "Say something god dammit!" He slammed his hand on the island making me flinch.

"I meant to tell you ten weeks ago Ryder, but at the ice rink that night you made me feel so used and pathetic!!" Tears started to roll down my warm red cheeks, "Yeah, I'm fucking scared right now. I don't have anyone to help me through this, my parents are gone, my brother will kill me and then my best friend doesn't understand what is going on with me."

"What about me?"

I glanced up at him, "You? You're not going to want to even be around me or this baby, why should I even care about you being around to help!" I knew my words hurt like knives to him, but I didn't care, at this point I was over it.

"I'm here to help you Mayla, Like I told you the other night I've always been here to help. Plus, It's my baby, too."

There was a slight pause between us both, until I asked, "You're not going to abandon us?"

He ran his fingers through his hair and then his neck, sighing, "Look, I care about you Mayla and now this baby. But I don't know one thing about being a dad, I'm eighteen."