9||

"Hey Mayla!" His evil pervert smirk sent cold unbearable chills down my spine making me want to gag.

I glanced around the room not seeing Londyn or Greyson, but Jamison's door was shut meaning they could be asleep. I made my way over to Jamison and Ashton, "Hi? Umm..." I pointed to Jamison confused on why my asshole of an ex was sitting here in front of me.

"Excuse me." Jamison got up pushing me towards my room shutting the door behind us, my eyes as wide as saucers, whispering, "What the hell is he doing here?"

"I saw him at the ice rink the other day. We got to talking and he started asking about you. I told him he should stop by sometime to ask you himself. Look I know he is your ex and he's done some fucked up things, but he really wants to talk to you."

I groaned pressing my hands to my eyes, "Jai... Right now, is not a good time. I just had an amazing night with Ryder."

"Are you and Ryder official again?"

"Uh...No."

"Then come on! Just talk to him, if you get uncomfortable text me and I'll come escort him out. Just give it one chance."

"Fine." I walked out of my room putting a smile on my face as I looked over at Ashton "Hi."

He turned to me smiling his pearly white smile "Hey."

I took a seat next to him taking in a large gulp, "How have you been?"

"Pretty good actually. Got excepted into University of Denver for Hockey, starting up next month."

"Oh...Wow! That is really something Ashton." I looked down at my palms for a quick second.

He took my hand softly which through me off guard. I shot my glance up to him to meet his puppy brown eyes, "Look, Mayla I know things haven't went well in the past and I was stupid for cheating on you. I want to make things right again. I mean your everything to me, I fell in love with you that day I tackled you on that play ground when we were fourteen." I was very hesitant because this was Ashton Wright were talking about the biggest player above Ryder Saint. "When I found out you were having Greyson and Ryder disappointed you both, I thought you might need a friend around to help out. Like a guy figure for Greyson." Ashton always knew all the right things to say to make me happy, that's what I hated the most about him.

I softly smiled, "That would be nice, but Greyson already has a father figure and that Ryder. Yes, he has disappointed me several times but he is still Greyson's dad."

"I respect that. How about friends?"

"I'd like that, how about you meet Greyson and I at the park tomorrow? We'll have a picnic and talk things over."

Ashton flashed that smile one last time, "Sounds like plan."

----

I was up early the next morning tending to Greyson's every need, I was exhausted and wanted a break. Jamison was at a meeting for college and Londyn was working her second job. I heard a knock at the door, I got up from the floor where Greyson was laying on his play mat/Gym. I walked to the door wearing my gray sweat pants and my white V-neck, once I open the door I saw Ashton standing there in jeans and a black t shirt. "Hey."

"Hey, Can I come in?"

"Oh, yeah." I moved out of the way letting him brush past me. I could feel his glance on me as I shut the door, "Umm... Greyson is in the living room over there on his play mat if you want to join us from tummy time."

If I'm too far away from Greyson for a short period of time, he begins to cry which he did. Ashton gently picked him up holding him close to his chest rocking him, "Shhh, it's okay little buddy. I got you, it's okay." Then out of know where he automatically stopped crying. It always took me two hours to get him to stop crying, but not Ashton he made him stop in seconds.