5|| 25 weeks

I had a few more long and dreadful weeks till my actual due date, things began to grow even more stressful; With school, my brother, the baby shower, and most of all Ryder's parents. Ryder's parents ran their own big corporate job so like I said before they are never home always away on business trips. During those weeks that's when Ryder was known for throwing the hugest parties in high school history. I haven't seen his parents since my mom and dad's funeral which was around six years ago. (You're probably wondering who took care of us during that time period because we were only eleven when my parents past. My aunt Julie took care of us until we were old enough to take care of ourselves. She wasn't that great of a parent to be honest). I was used to people coming and going in my family a lot because everyone I loved moved or died. So, I was used to all this stress and heart break. Ryder on the other hand was numb to his parents not being around and being an only child made it harder. He never really had a connection with his parents, due to them being gone since he started 5th grade.

***

It was a Saturday morning as I began shoving some of my clothes into a semi medium duffle bag along with my tooth brush and make up bag. When I heard, a light knock at my door, I glanced over my shoulder yelling out, "Come in!"

The door opened slightly as I stood there looking at an emerald eyed boy with messy brown hair staring back at me. "Who let you in?" I turned back around to zip up my bag.

"I let myself in." He took a seat on the edge of my bed next to my duffle, pulling me in between his legs so that he was face to face with large belly.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, giggling softly as he kissed my stomach lightly, "How?"

"Third flower pot to the left, behind the stargazer lily." I felt him smile up against my belly chuckling.

"I really need to find a new hiding spot for that key." I pulled away from his touch pushing the bag to the side. Taking a seat next to him, "Ryder?"

At the moment, he was staring down at the ground then shifted his glance to me, "Yeah?"

"Are we actually ready to do all of this?" I stuttered with my words as I grew shaky.

Ryder looked away shrugging, "To be honest with you Mayla, I don't know. I don't think a lot of people are mentally and physically ready for a baby to come into their lives. But I mean I'm happy that I get a baby boy and a beautiful baby mama, but I'm scared as much as you." He grabbed hold of my small and tender hand, "I'm new to this too. You at least were around your parents and an adult your whole lives to know what it's like to have a parent figure. I don't."

I looked at him taking his warm rested hand into mine, smiling, "We're in this together. You and me." I rested my head against his chin as he kissed my forehead softly.

***

After our little talk at the apartment, we finally headed over to Ryder's house. Which it's been several years since I've been there in person. The next 2 hours at his house went by quickly due to Ryder and I watching movies most of the day in the screening room that was located downstairs. Spending time with him took the stress away and made the idea of being pregnant just disappear. I felt normal. At that moment, we were watching 'Divergent', I nearly ate all the popcorn out of the bowl when Ryder had only five pieces. "Damn girl!"

I looked over at him with a mouth full of buttery popcorn, I gulped it down, "I am eating for two you know."

Before he could say something back to me a voice came from the living room "Ryder? Are you home?"

"Be right there!" He yelled out, he paused the movie then looked at me "You wait here, okay?" I nodded as he gently getting up from the sofa bed and walked out.