Chapter Twenty Two - The Start Of A War

Chapter 22

Please check out my other Emblem3 fic Black and white and don't forget to comment, vote and fan for both of them. I'd appreciate it so much! And I'm so sorry everything is so slow moving but I promise it'll kick off over the next couple of chapters. Maybe. I'm not really good at keeping promises. But whatever. Enjoy the chapter! xo

I also just want to mention how much I appreciate you guys. Thanks so much for reading and voting and giving me lovely comments. Without y'all I wouldn't have the motivation to write. So thank you! 

Everyone is out in the backyard when we get there. I do my rounds of hello’s and Zack merely gives the older boys curt nods and a frost ‘hey’. When we walk over to Keaton, who is with Lauren, I glare at my boyfriend, “Behave, okay?”

He rolls his eyes but when we approach Keaton he smiles, “Keaton mate, hey! How are you? And how is the lovely Lauren?”

I think Keaton senses the sarcasm behind his voice too because his reply is hesitant. I give Keaton a hug and Lauren a friendly ‘hello’. We talk about her surfing attempts today before Zack starts to whistle annoyingly. I look at him and force a smile, “Zack babe, what are you doing?”

“I’m just slightly bored babe.” He says in a sugary tone, “Maybe we should go somewhere more private.”

He pulls me closer and gives me a kiss. Lauren and Keaton awkwardly avoid looking us. I push Zack off me, “Save it for later.” I look at the couple standing next to us, “Would you excuse us a minute.”

I pull Zack inside and when I’m sure no one can hear us I slap him across the shoulder, “Honestly. What the hell is your problem?”

“I told you, I don’t like them. What they said was downright wrong and I don’t just let those things go lightly.”

Obviously not. And I understand that but for my sake, can you please be civil?” I hiss.

He sees the frustrated look on my face so he slumps instantly. A sad smile finds its way to his face, “Okay, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be ruining your night; you barely get to see them.”

“Exactly, so can you please be nice? You don’t have to stay long if that makes you feel better.”

He pulls me in and kisses me gently. “That sounds excellent. I can’t wait to have you all to myself.”

He nuzzles my neck and I can’t help but giggle. I push him off “Stop it. Behave!”

“Fine sorry.” He says with a throaty chuckle, “You’re just irresistible.”

“Yeah sure thanks hot shot.”

We go back outside and thankfully, he is nicer. It makes my night much more enjoyable and when it comes around to finally eating, I’m having a really good time. Even Wes isn’t annoying me with his immature remarks. I'm sitting with Zack and he has his arm wrapped around my waist. It feels lovely and I feel protected. I eventually have to break away from him because Laraine announces dinner is ready. Zack offers to get me my food like the good boyfriend he is so I'm able to just sit and relax. He comes back holding two plates; he sets one down in front of me on the table and sits next to me. Harper sits on the other side of me before Keaton, Lauren and Camila sit opposite us. I look down at my plate of food and see that I have roast chicken, roast potatos, peas and carrots, cooked brocolli and roast pumpkin. Before I can even say anything, Keaton starts pushing his carrots onto my plate before scooping up the peas and placing them on his own. I give him a sugary smile, "Thank you Baby Keats." I put a singsong tone to it to add to the playfulness.