Chapter Six - Holy Bucket Of Oats

Chapter Six

Sorry, I’ve been getting it wrong this whole time. Keaton, Ara, and all of their friends are Sophomores, not Juniors. Yay for NZ ignorance!

Please help get my story out there, tell any other Emblem3 readers you know to fan, vote, comment and read ... antyhing! Please, thank you and enjoy xo

--

I’m lying on my stomach getting my tan on when someone stands over me, dripping water all over my back. I don’t bother opening my eyes or turning around, “Noah, Wes or Drew. You’re dripping water all over me. Step back.”

A voice I don’t even recognise replies to me, “Whoa, you got a lot of boys chasing you then”

That’s when I turn around. Looking down at me is one of the hottest boys I’ve ever come across. I sit up and lift my sunglasses up, “Well, what can I say?”

“You’re not from here, are you? On holiday from … Australia?”

I sigh, “New Zealand. Close enough though and not on holiday, just moved here. Well to Huntington Beach actually”

He smiles to reveal perfect white teeth to match his perfect tan and perfect body “Well our city could use more girls like you”

“Aren’t you just smooth” I say blushing slightly, “So are you gonna sit down or do I have to ask you?”

He sits down in the sand next to me and looks out to the water, “So what brings you up here?”

“My brother just got a new car and we wanted to cruise and they wanted a surf so we thought we might try up here”

“Sounds awesome. So which ones are they?”

I scan the water until finally spotting them on the beach walking towards us. I sigh, “They’re coming towards us”

“Shit, should I be worried?”

“Depends, how tough are you?”

He laughs slightly as they grow closer and closer to us. As soon as they’re within ear shot Noah smiles at me, “Sis, who’s your friend?”

“That’s a good question.”

My companion jumps up and holds his hand out to them “Hey bro, I’m Aaron”

“Noah” he says shaking his hand before gesturing to Drew and Wes, “This is my mate Drew and Wes, Arabelle’s boyfriend”

My jaw drops and Wes sits next to me, wrapping his wet arm around my shoulder and placing a kiss on my cheek. Aaron looks at me awkwardly, “I guess you’re Arabelle”

“Guessed right” I say darkly, “Sorry”

“No problem, sorry I bothered you all. Have a nice night yo”

He walks off and as soon as he’s far enough away I shove Wes off me “Get off me Wes before I punch you in the face”

The boys crack up laughing and Wes ruffles my hair, “It’s all good fun Ara, no need to get your panties in a twist”

“Screw you,” I say alarmingly, “I’m not a baby and you guys gotta stop treating me like one, you barely know me”

Noah shrugs, “I know and you will always be my baby sis”

Wes looks at me carefully, “We barely know you, yeah, but that doesn’t mean to say we don’t care. You’re super cool and Noah’s baby sis so obviously we’re gonna look out for you”