Chapter Thirty - Guitar Lessons

Chapter Thirty

Ok I'm so sorry for dragging you along, this chapter was just really long and I didn't want to drag it out further and I didn't want to delete anything because I didn't know what to delete. I hope you still love me. Enjoy the chapter anyway xoxoxo

ALSO, CHECK OUT MY WES FANFIC MY CALLING, I JUST PUT UP THE FIRST CHAPTER

Each day is reasonably similar. We sleep, eat and board. It’s fun. It really is. I’ve never had so much fun in the snow before, the people I’m staying with are excellent company. I try to keep my growing feelings for Keaton on the down low but it’s hard when we share a room and are practically living together. It's especially hard when he keeps hugging me and hanging out with me. I don't know about him, but the sexual tension is just about pushing me over the edge.

New Year’s Eve is when our daily routine is set to change. The day before, Mum tells us that we’re only snowboarding for a couple hours and spending the rest of the time inside before we go to the Ski Lodge NYE Party. I shrug and don’t put up a fight because honestly, all the snowboarding is starting to take its toll on my body. After countless bails, I’m all battered and bruised and I could do with a chill day tomorrow. I plunk into bed so gracelessly even Keaton laughs. He wishes me a good night and I'm so tired I can only groan in response. I'm asleep before Keaton turns the light out.

The next morning -- after what felt like a five-minute sleep –Keaton wakes me up. Well, he shakes me violently anyway, "Ara get up. I'm using the bathroom so get changed in here." 

I barely remember nodding because as soon as I hear the door shut, I'm asleep again. I vaguely hear Keaton come back into the room and command me to wake up again. I just ignore him. Next thing I know though, he’s clambering on my bed and crawling on top of me, "Arabelle baby, wake up." 

"Geddof Keaton. You're squashing me." I groan.

He chuckles, "No can do." 

I force my eyes open and he's sitting on top of me. If anyone were to walk in right now, we'd have a lot of explaining to do. I pull my arms out from underneath his weight and rub my eyes. "Keatooon. Let me sleeep." I whine like a baby.

"If you get to sleep then I get to sleep but I don't get to sleep therefore you don't get to sleep." He says with a pointed look.

I try to put on my most angelic smile, "Who says you can't sleep?" 

I said that because I was hoping he'd get off me and go to his own bed, his weight was making it hard for me to breathe. I didn't say it because I wanted him to stay on my bed and sleep with me. It didn't even cross my mind. That's what he does though. In one swift movement, leans forward and falls half on me, half off me in a laying position. His leg and arm is wrapped over me because there isn't much room. I pause a moment. "Keaton. What the heck are you doing?" 

His snow jacket scratches at my arms but his head is nestled into the crook of my neck. His breath tickles my collarbone whilst his hair brushes my cheek, "Sleeping like you said." 

"Not next to me!" I protest. I mean, not that I was truly complaining. I mean, he could share a bed with me anytime.

He doesn't show any signs of moving so I just sigh and close my eyes. Every time he exhales though, I feel his warm breath on my neck so who really expects me to able to fall back asleep like this. I was wrong when I said we'd have a lot of explaining to do if someone walked in before. If someone walked in now, we'd have a lot of explaining to do.

I close my eyes and try to sleep but I know for a fact that won't happen. I'm well and truly awake. After a few minutes, I finally feel myself relaxing into the close proximity of Keaton. I’m not sleeping but I’m not tense either. Well, that is until someone bangs on the door telling us to wake up. I get such a fright I push Keaton off the bed so hard and fast he has no time to react. He hits the ground with a painful thud and a loud groan. I sit up in bed and cover my mouth with my hand in shock. My eyes are wide. "Oh god, Keaton are you okay?"