Chapter Five - Music for Music

Chapter Five

Please help get my story out there, tell any other Emblem3 readers you know to fan, vote, comment and read ... antyhing! Please, thank you and enjoy xo

The next day I'm discharged from the hospital on the promise that I'll stay inside for a couple of days and take it easy. Although with a brother like Noah, I wonder if taking it easy is even possible. When I get home, I go straight to my room where mum has laid out some trashy magazines, a crossword book and the TV remote on the bedside table. I smile at her thoughtfulness and drop gently into bed; the drugs I took earlier making me feel drowsy. It's not long before I've dropped off to sleep.

--

When I eventually come 'round, my room is dark and my curtains have been drawn. I check the bedside clock and it reads 8:17pm. I hear the boys being rowdy down by the pool - it sounds like there's a party going on so I slowly but surely drag myself out of bed. I've made it as far as the kitchen before mum spots me "Definitely not Ara, get back up to bed"

"I'm fine Mum," I say with a sigh, "I just wanna see what's going on"

She shakes her head "Nope! The doctor said to take it easy, to recuperate. So at least until tomorrow you're on bed arrest"

"This blows"

"Sorry honey, up you go to bed. I'll bring you up something to eat. You must be hungry"

I surrender at her words. I am hungry. Starving actually. "Ok thanks ma"

She kisses my forehead and leaves me to climb the stairs again. I drain half the water from my bottle on my bedside table before propping myself into a sitting position in bed. I'm halfway through   reading one of the magazines mum bought me when someone walks through the door holding a tray of food. I'm surprised to see it's Keaton, not my mum. I give him a funny look "Oh, have you brought me some food? Thanks mum"

He chuckles "She was on her way up but I said I'd take it to you seeing as you were finally awake and I'd been meaning to see you anyway"

"Oh yeah?" I ask with raised eyebrows as he sets the tray on my lap, "And why's that?"

He pulls an old iPod Classic from his back pocket and hands it to me "To give you this?"

"An iPod?"

"Yup, I loaded it with some songs you might enjoy and a few Emblem3 originals and a few of my own covers and originals. I thought it would past time seeing as you're supposed to be taking it easy for a while"

I smile at him "Wow, thank you. That's so thoughtful of you"

"No problem. Listen to some songs and tell me what you think of them - I put on some different genres to keep you interested"

“But then you won’t have an iPod?”

He waves me away “Nah it’s all good, that’s my old one. I got a new one last year for Christmas”

Nothing contains the smile I have on my face. He looks at me uncomfortably "What?"

"Naddas" I laugh, "That was just really nice of you"

He shrugs "That's what friends are for, right?"

"Yeah sure"

"Eat up or I will eat it for you"

I chuckle "Do you want some?"

"Nah not really, your mum already gave me something to eat. She loves me," he says in a retarded voice

I laugh, "Yeah she would. You're like a little angel, unlike Noah. You’re her dream son"

He bats his eyelashes. "Good to know I'm loved"