Chapter Seven - The Charity Ball

Chapter Seven

Thank you to all those people who read my story, you're all lovely. Feedback would be nice, especially on the length - do y'all want it shorter or longer? At the moment my chapters hang around 3000 words. Wut, hit up my ask yo or comment. Don't forget to fan and vote! Yay enjoy (:

I find Wes and pull him aside, “Get all the boys and go find Keaton. Now.”

He looks at me funny. “Uh … why?”

“Because he just saw his girlfriend kissing one of his so-called best friends and I think he just needs his boys right now because he’s not in the mood to talk to me about it”

Wes looks shocked, “Do you know where he went?”

“Have no idea, but my best bet is that he went for a walk or something”

“Ok you and Harper stay here, we’ll be back”

He calls all the other boys and they follow him, puzzled expressions on their faces. Harper and I find two deck chairs to sit in while I fill her in about everything that happened when I was gone. She scowls, “Taylor cheating on Keaton was definitely not your fault so don’t even think that. She’s just a slore and Keaton is too good for her”

“Yeah well Keaton was pretty cut up so I don’t know”

“You did nothing wrong, so just stop right now.”

I smile at her gratefully, “Thanks Harper”

“What are friends for, right?” she says squeezing my knee comfortingly. “So what’s this about this guy Zack?”

“Um, yeah he was great. Really nice, I got his number so I might hang out with him sometime”

“Well haven’t you fit in well Ara”

“Yeah but I feel bad, I’ve only Skyped my New Zealand friend’s twice since I’ve been here”

She shrugs, “This was always going to happen”

“Yeah I guess. Come on, I can’t stand waiting here. Let’s go find the boys”

--

We eventually find them, and Keaton is in the middle of the group. They’re huddled around him protectively, mumbling comforting words – well as comforting as guys get. Harper and I awkwardly stand off to the side until Wes spots me. He gestures me over but I shake my head at him. He ends up walking over and grabbing me by the arm, pulling me to the circle, Harper following behind. Keaton turns to me, still looking upset. I brace myself for more words that are hurtful but they never come. "I'm sorry I said what I said, you were only trying to help" 

"Keaton, I-" Before I can carry on he wraps his arms tightly around me, his head bending down into the crook of my shoulder. His voice is soft and his breath warm against my exposed neck, "Thanks for being there Arabelle"

I bring my arms around his waist and squeeze him comfortingly, "What are friends for? I'm just glad you're okay" 

He pulls away and looks at everyone, "Thanks to all of you for being there. It means a lot"

Drew ruffles his hair, "Of course man, we're always here for you"

Wes yawns, "I don't know about all of you, but I'm ready to bounce" 

"Yeah, I've had enough for one night" Keaton agrees, "Let's go home"

We all walk towards our cars only to be interrupted by a familiar voice, "Keaton baby, where are you going?"