neville longbottom x reader: beautiful

i was sitting reading peacefully on my bed. suddenly i watched neville barge in. we had been friends since 2nd year so this wasn't unusual."y/n, y/n!" he yelled. "what's wrong nev?" i asked.

i was worried because he was usually a calm person. "follow me, please!" he said in a little calmer voice. i stood up and walked to the door. he grabbed my hand.

"come on y/nnn" he nagged and pulled me down the stairs leading to the common room. we sped out of there and down the moving stairs. "where exactly are we going?" i asked him. "you will see" he said will smiling. he continued to pull me along. "what time is it by the way?" i asked him. "it's only 10:20" he replied.

as soon as i got to wherever we were going he put his hands on my eyes. "what are you doing?" i asked while laughing. we walked a couple steps forward then he stopped. "you can look now" neville said sounding like he lost a little bit of his confidence.

i opened my eyes and gasped at what i saw before me. it was a red blanket, candy, and one long pillow. i put on the biggest smile i had in a while.

"i know it's not the best but i tried to-" neville started saying before i interrupted him. "oh my god! i love it thank you nev!" i said slinging my arms around his shoulders. his arms fell around my waist and we hugged for a while.

i was the first one to break the hug. when i pulled away he said "do you want to watch the stars now?" "of course!" i responded and laid down on the blanket. i patted the empty spot next to me and he laid down.

when he laid down there wasn't much space in between us. there was only one pillow and it was just long enough for both of us. i looked up at the stars. "there beautiful aren't they?" he asked me. i smiled and replied "not as beautiful as you." he started to blush.

"surely you don't mean that" he said. "what do you mean?" i asked him in all seriousness. i was genuinely confused and thought he might have been joking. "i'm not beautiful y/n" he said frowning.

i sat up and turned to him. "excuse me?" i asked him. he shrugged. "nev, you are the most beautiful boy i've ever seen." i told him. he sat up and shook his head no.

i shook my head yes and said, "you are truly beautiful, don't let anyone tell you different. okay?" i had my hand on the side of his cheek now.

i started tearing up and so did he. we both looked at each other trying to hold back tears. at the same time, we bursted out laughing. after we were done laughing we laid back down. i sighed asked neville "are you convinced yet?" he said yes and i smiled. he returned the smile.

i rolled into his chest. he looked at me wide-eyed. "what are you doing?" he questioned. "do you want me to get up? i can if you want." i told him not trying to make him uncomfortable. "no, no stay" he said.

he was blushing really hard and now i was too. he wrapped his arms around me. "you see that constellation?" he asked. "yeah what's it called?" i asked back. "it's the virgo constellation." he said. i looked at him impressed. "and to think, i thought you only liked herbology." i said playfully. we shared a laugh the i nuzzled more into his chest.

i could feel neville breathing. i could feel myself moving up and down as he breathed. i could even feel his heartbeat. "i could stay here with you forever" i said breaking our comfortable silence. "me too" he agreed.

he started playing with my hair. i smiled to myself. "you know," he started to say, "your beautiful too." i giggled and said "we are both beautiful."