XIX

Elijah walked in and smiled as he saw his daughter studying. Emmett walked over and kissed her head making her look up at him. "Hi." She said as she saw Elijah. "What was mom like?"

"She was wonderful." He said. "She was the love of my life. When we found out about her pregnancy, I was so shocked, but what broke my heart was that she was to never get pregnant, but she wanted to have you."

Alanis looked at her small bump that was forming and back up at him. "At first I thought of her, but when I saw you on the sonogram and knew that you were my blessing. My miracle child."

Emmett smiled. "Did she name Alanis before she passed?" He asked.

"No." He said. "She passed before she ever got the chance to name her. She saw her and that was all that mattered."

Alanis wiped a tear from her eyes as Elijah sat beside Emmett and Alanis. "I was the one who named you." He tells her. "You've grown into a beautiful woman and I'm so happy to see you have your mate and are expecting."

"Will you ever find love again?" She asked him.

"When ever she comes." He tells her. "Right now, my daughter and her child is important to me."

Alanis smiled as she hugged Elijah. She may have not had him in her life, but she was glad to have him now. That's all she ever wanted was to know him and now she gets that. All thanks to Emmett.