XXII

When they arrived back, Alanis still hasn't said much to Bella, but knew that eventually, she would have too. Bella looked at her sister and sighed as she knew Alanis wasn't going to talk to her first, but right now, she was ditching to be with Jacob. "Did I miss something?"

"She found out why we went to see Renee."

"Edward, I may not be talking to Bella, but I will say this." She smacked the back of his head. "You are an idiot! Why would you lie to her?"

"I knew she wouldn't have left."

Alanis sighed as Jasper grabbed her. "Alanis, you're stressing."

"Alanis, just go to class and don't think about this." He tells her. "Emmett will kill me if something happened to that baby."

Alanis nodded as she left the three Cullens. She felt like she was being watched or at least the feeling that someone is touching her things. She stopped and looked around causing Jasper to walk over to her. "Alanis?"

"Someone's watching me." She tells him. "Edward...."

"I hear their mind, but I don't know where they are hiding from." He tells them. "We do not leave Alanis's side today."

Jasper and Alice nodded as they walked into the school building. Edward saw a figure before disappearing when his classmates walked by. He knew once Emmett discovers this, he won't leave Alanis's side.
~~~
"What do you mean she was being watched?" Emmett asked as him and Edward arrived at the Swans.

"She had this feeling she was being watched. The person's mind was focused on Alanis. They don't want her alive and that goes for her cousin. Together Hope and Alanis will be powerful."

Emmett saw Bella and Jacob fighting causing Alanis to walk out. "What is going on?"

"She probably broke her hand."

"Why?"

Jacob didn't like the veins that appeared on his friend's face making him confess. "I was trying to get her away from you and the Cullens. She shouldn't be a blood sucker." He confessed. "I kissed her and she punched me."

Alanis grabbed her sister's hand and looked at it. "Serves you right." She said. "Bella, we need to go see..."

Bella pulled Alanis to the side as Jacob and Edward started fighting. Charlie walked out to see both daughters, two of the Cullens and Jacob. "What's going on out here?"

"I kissed Bella."

"Asshole."

"Alanis Swan."

"Sorry." She said as she walked over to Emmett and hugged him. "Daddy, I'll be at Emmett's."

"Okay."
~~~
Alanis sat in another room as Bella was getting her hand checked out. She felt arms around her causing her to look behind her. When Bella walked out, they all looked at her. Alanis stood up and walked outside as she needed some air. She heard Emmett making a joke about chewing gum and walking at the same time. "That man." She said as she felt arms wrap around her causing her to look at Emmett.

"Have you had the chance to go shopping for your wedding dress?"

"No. I don't have anyone to go with me because of this." She said sadly. "I want to marry you."

Emmett kissed her head as Alice walked outside. "I actually found a few dresses and bought them if you would like to try them on and see how they look."

"Thank you." Alanis said hugging her. "Will you, Esme, Bella and Rosalie be in there?"

"We will."

Rosalie walked out upset causing Emmett to walk away with Alex as Bella walked out to see what was really bothering Rosalie. "Alanis?" The Mikaelson-Swan looked back at her. "We will be in there in a few. I need to see why she hates me."

"Bella, I know we aren't talking much, but I know she doesn't hate you." She tells her. "We are sisters and we will have our days, but right now, I think you need to see what you actually did to hurt me. One day, I will forgive. Besides, we have eternity."

Bella smiled as she watched her sister go in with Emmett and Alex. Elijah hugged her as he was glad that she was starting to forgive Bella, but in her own time. Alice grabbed Alanis's hand and dragged her upstairs. "Now we have graduation."

"That we do."