XXIV

Watching Emmett practice made Alanis smile. She loved seeing Emmett act like himself. "You don't seem to worry that he could get hurt."

"I don't have to worry, dad." She looked at him. "Emmett knows what he is doing and I can't tell him what he can and can't do." She says as she watched Alex fight Emmett. "Even though the thought was there."

"What about Esther?"

Alanis looked at her dad. "I will kill her. She doesn't know who she is pissing off." She said. "No one comes after me and my family."

Emmett looked at her as he saw the veins. "Baby, think of our baby."

"I'm sorry." She said as he walked over to her. "I can't stand the thought of someone coming after us. All I ask is to be married to you and wait for our due date."

"Maybe there is a way." Elijah says. "Maybe you can talk to her."

"How about...no!"

Elijah watched Alanis walk over to Emmett who hugged her. Elijah knew that if he tried to get Alanis to be civil with Esther, but she wouldn't. Alanis just wants peace and quiet.
~~~
Sometime that night, Elijah walked in with Charlie holding a gift. "Alanis?" She turned to see them with a dress bag.

"What is that?"

"Your wedding dress." Charlie said causing her to look at them.

"I'm confused."

Emmett walked in and smiled at her. "Let's get married tonight." He said. "I got a preacher and all I need is my bride. If she will marry me tonight."

"What about mom?"

"She's here."

Renee walked in smiling. "Let's get you married."

Elijah watched with a smile as she ran and hugged him. "Thank you." She said looking at everyone in the room. "All of you."

Emmett grabbed her hand making her smile. "Let's get married."

Alanis smiled as she kissed him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."
~~~
Rosalie smiled as she walked with Alex. Seeing just family, Alanis wouldn't have it any other way. Emmett smiled as she walked up to him. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in holy matrimony of Emmett Cullen and Alanis Mikaelson-Swan."

Alanis and Emmett stood together as they held hands. Bella looked at Edward picturing the day they would get married and turn.

Everyone cheered as they heard I do. Alanis and Emmett smiled as they shared a kiss. "I will keep you and our baby safe." He promises.

"I know, but after all this drama is over with. Let's travel. You, me, and the baby."

"Deal."

Sorry it's short but there is two more chapters of this story. Till next time.