VIII

Alanis was upset that Emmett couldn't be in school. She blamed it all on the sun. If she could only find away to help the Cullens appear more human than they wouldn't deal with nosy humans or Bella. She sighed as she looked at the book in her hand. "Why can't this give me any answers?"

"Having trouble with homework?" Jessica asked as a Alanis put the book away.

"Yeah, but I will do it another time." She replies. "Now what were we talking about."

"Prom."

"Oh yeah. I need to go dress shopping..."

"Let's go after school." Jessica suggested making Angela and Bella agree. Even though Bella had another reason to go.
~~~
Later that day, Alanis stopped searching and sat with Bella. "No luck?" Bella asked her sister.

"Nope and I'm fed up." She replies. "I wish there was a spell to create dresses."

"Alanis, that's in fairytales." Bella pointed out making Alanis pout. Bella laughed as Alanis started to join in. "Can you help me find a book at this bookstore I'm going to."

"Sure. What is it about?"

"I'm close to find out about the Cullens."

Alanis froze around what Bella just said. That was the one thing that was not supposed to happen and that was for Bella learning the truth about the Cullens. Alanis slowly nodded and knew she had to text Emmett about this. Bella was going to find out tonight and that will not be good.
~~~
Alanis followed Bella out of the bookstore with a lot on her mind. She wouldn't know how to dodge the questions or how to explain things. This was one thing she was she was not looking forward too. She noticed shadows and stopped as Bella grabbed her hand. "This way."

Alanis held on tightly as the went up the steps. She looked back and saw them following her. "Bella."

Bella quickly pulled Alanis behind her. "Want a beer."

"No thank you."

Alanis didn't say a word as she knew this will spiral out of control. Which it did as the drunks started to touch the girls. Alanis accidentally used her powers making one fly back. They looked at her and started to grab her when two vehicles appear causing them to back off.

"Get in the car."

Alanis turned and saw Emmett getting out of his Jeep and ran to him. "Thank god your safe." He said. Alanis nodded, but started crying as she thought that she would have faced a nightmare.
~~~
The drive was quiet. Alanis's mind was on what could have happened. She couldn't believe that almost happened to her and Bella. Emmett pulled over and put the Jeep in park. Alanis still hadn't noticed till she was pulled out of the Jeep and into a big hug. "It's over now." He tells her.

Alanis started crying as she held onto him. Emmett kissed her head as he knew she need this. To cry it out. Alanis looked at him and kissed him. He was all she needed right now. "Can we go home?"

"Of course." He said as he helped her back in and went to the other side. "I will also stay if you want."

"Please." She replies. She just hopes she won't have no dreams from this.